Decorating the chicken coop?

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by cindyanne1, Apr 22, 2009.

1. eggsforsale

eggsforsale Out Of The Brooder

Apr 17, 2009
    Idaho
    Oh my gosh!! That is the cutest thing! A Christmas coop....where in the world did you get the stockings?

2. froggie71

froggie71 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2009
    Shamong, NJ
    Seeing as how I don't have enough to do [​IMG] I decided to make web footed stocking for our 10 ducks and then took plastic eggs which I painted and turned into ornaments. My boys 4-H poultry club was talking about having a contest, so I hurried up and put this together, but I think I was the only one that went through with it.

3. flopshot

flopshot Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 17, 2009
    Quote:that sounds awsome.

4. SweetMissDaisy

SweetMissDaisy Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:Would love to see this! Sounds super cute!

5. SweetMissDaisy

SweetMissDaisy Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:Hahahaa!!! I *LOVE* the stockings!!! FANTASTIC!!

6. HorseFeathers

HorseFeathers Frazzled

Apr 2, 2008
    Southern Maine
    We have posters with chickens on them (one of a Black Australorp, one from Storey that has awesome graphics "Chick Days" {both from a friendly feed store owner}, and one that Storey sent us along with a free box of every chicken book they've ever printed for Storey's Illustrated Guide to Poultry Breeds [​IMG] ) and a bulletin board with a sign that says "Gossip 'Round The Henhouse" (I made it). Hanging on the bulletin board are some awards and a photo of me with a chick when I was really young. Scattered around are various chicken artifacts such as a rubber chicken and a wooden chicken with feathers glued on (I made that too).

7. johnniecourtney

johnniecourtney Out Of The Brooder

Apr 14, 2009
    Sequim, WA
    I just started building our coop last night [​IMG] And I can't wait to decorate! I already bought a beautiful lavender colored paint to paint the inside of the coop with, and then thought I'd make a little rock walkway to the door. Plus possibly have a planter box or hanger. I can't wait to finish it![​IMG]

PS love all the other ideas! [​IMG]

8. DarkWolf

DarkWolf Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 11, 2008
    Murray Kentucky
    Quote:I'm building mine with a copula JUST to add a weathervane to it. Well... That and to have heat stack ventilation.

9. Bridget399

Bridget399 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2009
    South Western PA
    I would LOVE to see some pics of what your guys are talking about! We just started our coop and I've been thinking of ways to decorate it, too!![​IMG]

10. Renee

Renee Chillin' With My Peeps

May 7, 2008
    CALIFORNIA
    PICS! PICS!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by