Decorations? yep..DH is gonna have me committed!!

Momagain1

Songster
8 Years
Feb 13, 2011
Central IL
LOL I just ordered these tin signs from desperate enterprises (cheaper than any other place I could find them!)...got them today

signs001.jpg

Now, I have this rustic coop in mind..the middle one is a bit "bright" and "new" but its ok..it'll wear down lol..
The ONLY reason I went this route is because there is a big antique red barn I drive by everytime I go to town
and I LOVE it...but the reason that I LOVE it, is because there are all these road signs old & new on the side..
gives it character..I look at it EVERYTIME I drive by..and NOT because they put new signs up lol..it just catches
my eye..so I figured..what better thing to see when I DRIVE TO MY OWN HOME..than cute li'l chicky signs on
the one side of my coop??

anyone w/me on this??? lol..

I'm with you. I have some of those same signs that you have. I purchased them from Amazon. I'm doing the same thing with my chicken coop. I will be paiting it barn yard red and putting old tin signs, old tools, foot tubs, and a few other things on it. It will be fun!

There are a few other BYC'ers who have rustic chicken houses/coops. I wish we could start a "Rustic Coops/Chicken Houses" thread so everyone could post pics of their rustic chicken houses and coops.

There is one coop on here that I found a few days ago and I have been drooling over it ever since . You may have already seen his coop but here is the link. This page belongs to mississippifarmboy. I am in love with his chicken house.
love.gif

https://www.backyardchickens.com/web/viewblog.php?id=17452

Please keep us posted and post pics!!! I know it will be beautiful!

If you werent so far away,
tongue2.gif
Id give ya some stuff to help ya out. I have wheeled and dealed in antiques for years,
big_smile.png
so i have alot of old stuff that could use a new home.
idunno.gif

We decorated out coop with framed VanGogh prints from the second hand store...we wanted them to appreciate art.
smile.png
They live in a converted camper/trailer!!! Hah!

I have those signs and a few more like them. I plan on putting them INSIDE the new coop as wall decoration. The coop is 8x8 so it's a good sized room, which needs something on the walls other than just paint and, eventually and unfortunately, poop.

I may rethink that and put some on the outside. Exterior paint will be Lowe's Oops! color, whatever is not too obnoxious. We'll see what tickles my fancy and amuses me the most. But I love those signs! (eBay is my friend.)

I love those signs! And I think the Van Gogh prints are too funny! I have some extra poster prints around here somewhere so I think you for the ideas
smile.png
Maybe it will add to that spa feeling and make my chickens happy chickens - you know like those happy cows in teh commercials
tongue.png
I would like to hang signs on the outside of our yet to be finished coop, but the train lover my son is will probably only want railroad signs there if he hears about this idea.

lau.gif
clap.gif
Iget it.... Van Gooz in a trailer house, (no pun intended, I'm sure) figured it out while I was typing this. What a laugh!!! But also brings to mind the phrase "Gold ring in the snout of a pig". This is just too funny!!
bow.gif

If you can't get it here ,,,,, you don't need it very bad----BYC is thee place!

Anyone considered just giving the chickens the house and moving the family to the coop? My husband is starting to think I've gone batty with all the time I've spent picking out paint etc....

Back
Top Bottom