Decrowing Roosters

sarahag

In the Brooder
Jan 29, 2015
I know many people will tell me this is awful etc. I would normally agree however, I've been trying for a year to find a good home for 4 roosters. These guys are so tame, loving and sweet I can't see them be killed. Long story short I had neighbors complain and without waging war I decided to bring them inside my garage. I hate it, I do my best with enrichment but nothing beats being outdoors. I work for a vet clinic and want to de-crow. Is there anything out there for me to bring my vet? I've bought the nocrow collars, didn't work when they were tight enough for no crowing they stopped eating, I've kept socks over the heads at night still crowed. This is my last ditch effort before i have them put down. I'd rather have them euthanized then heads chopped off and eaten. If they weren't pets I wouldn't mind... But they love me more then some of my dogs and cats. Thanks!!

Last edited:
I don't know where you are but there is a vet here in Oklahoma that does the de crowing surgery. He invented new tools and everything for it. There is a thread on here somewhere where he talks about it and he has a regular internet page about it.

I don't know where you are but there is a vet here in Oklahoma that does the de crowing surgery. He invented new tools and everything for it. There is a thread on here somewhere where he talks about it and he has a regular internet page about it.
I believe I've found that thread but I haven't heard back from him as of yet :(

Aloha from Hawaii! I know of many people here with the same issue. I would love to talk to the vet in Oklahoma about this surgery if you can tell me his/her name? I'm an Oklahoma State Vet School grad myself! In a perfect world, they would all be in homes where they could crow. Unfortunately, that's not where we live.

Back
Top Bottom