Deep litter

That article is for deep bedding though, not deep litter... Posting it here only adds to the confusion between the two (of which there's plenty).

That article is for deep bedding though, not deep litter... Posting it here only adds to the confusion between the two (of which there's plenty).

I start the article by explaining the difference between the two.

The OP asked about cleaning the coop, which usually means a dry, enclosed place -- which almost always means that it's actually Deep Bedding since Deep Litter requires moisture for the active composting process to work. :)

I start the article by explaining the difference between the two.

The OP asked about cleaning the coop, which usually means a dry, enclosed place -- which almost always means that it's actually Deep Bedding since Deep Litter requires moisture for the active composting process to work. :)
I know, but... Even in your article, there are a lot of people commenting and still talking about deep litter instead of deep bedding, and it has to be additionally clarified to them since they either didn't pay attention to the first post, or still don't get the difference... :hmm

.... there are a lot of people commenting and still talking about deep litter instead of deep bedding, and it has to be additionally clarified to them since they either didn't pay attention to the first post, or still don't get the difference.
Been 'fighting' this one for 5 years, I give up.
Some misinformation/myths/'wives tales' just never go away.

Back
Top Bottom