Deep wound in my chicken.

It is on her back, not on her abdomen. It is a iodine wound spray Similar to betadine. She has not shown any sign of suffering as of yet. So as long as she’s bright, eating, drinking, and her wound is not obviously oozing or infected, I will continue to treat her .
And yes peritonitis or free-floating fluid in the abdomen would be very painful I just lost a dog to it, and I’ve had a horse that had it as well. But this doesn’t appear to be the case with my chicken.

And yes peritonitis or free-floating fluid in the abdomen would be very painful I just lost a dog to it, and I’ve had a horse that had it as well. But this doesn’t appear to be the case with my chicken.
And I meant to say that her kidney was exposed with her lungs not her liver.

D313B157-DF1F-4C42-BD8E-02FB2B3F6491.jpeg

I just went through a similar experience with a chicken and my dog....she was standing and acting fine I cleaned her all out and went and tried to find antibiotics, she didn’t make it through the night. I wish I would have just put her down, her injuries and injuries like yours are pretty severe and I truly believe i mistaked her state of shock as hopeful signs. It was a very tough experience to go through. Hugs to you.

Okay, if the wound is in her back, she has a better chance of survival. Keep it clean and disinfected, and use some antibiotic ointment twice a day. The wound should eventually come together as long as there is not infection, and no internal injuries. If you cannot find Fish Mox, I would at least get some injectable procaine penicillin G and several syringes with 20 gauge needles. Inject 1/4 ml into the breast tissue once a day for 5 days. If you get the Fish Mox, give250 mg orally twice a day for 7 days. But a vet would be best. Let us know how she does, and try to get her eating and drinking.

I just went through a similar experience with a chicken and my dog....she was standing and acting fine I cleaned her all out and went and tried to find antibiotics, she didn’t make it through the night. I wish I would have just put her down, her injuries and injuries like yours are pretty severe and I truly believe i mistaked her state of shock as hopeful signs. It was a very tough experience to go through. Hugs to you.
Yes, I just talked to my Horse vet she is trying to get me some penicillin. She wouldn’t be eating and drinking though if she was in shock. She definitely still could die from the infection though. Thank you.

Yes, thank y
Okay, if the wound is in her back, she has a better chance of survival. Keep it clean and disinfected, and use some antibiotic ointment twice a day. The wound should eventually come together as long as there is not infection, and no internal injuries. If you cannot find Fish Mox, I would at least get some injectable procaine penicillin G and several syringes with 20 gauge needles. Inject 1/4 ml into the breast tissue once a day for 5 days. If you get the Fish Mox, give250 mg orally twice a day for 7 days. But a vet would be best. Let us know how she does, and try to get her eating and drinking.
Yes, thank you. That is exactly the route I was going to take. If my horse vet can’t get me some penicillin g procaine soon, I was going to go to the feed store and buy fish mox and give it to her orally as a back up plan. Thanks!!

Yes, thank y

Yes, thank you. That is exactly the route I was going to take. If my horse vet can’t get me some penicillin g procaine soon, I was going to go to the feed store and buy fish mox and give it to her orally as a back up plan. Thanks!!
P..S. She is eating and drinking.

Back
Top Bottom