Deer I shot a few days ago

Quote:
You can hunt both does and bucks. If you are hunting for meat doe meat is just as good as bucks.

When you shoot a doe she might be pregnant. Since you hunt deer during the rut (When they breed), the doe might be pregnant if she is she probably ain't been pregnant longer than a few weeks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Quote:
From my limited knowledge - I believe that that hunting seasons are scheduled so that the doe would not be pregnant and that a doe accompanied by fawns is off limits.

Deer populations are excessive (putting it mildly) in certain areas and this leads to horrible diseases and other problems, the only way to limit population is to kill does and this is regulated by the states for specific areas. -- the only example that I could think of is after WWII - MILLIONS of men had been slaughtered, but our population didn't miss a beat.

Quote:
Perfect shot! I haven't been deer hunting in quite some time. Too old, too cold. Very nice harvest for you. congrats.

The last deer I killed, I was reading "Tales From Margaritaville" by Jimmy Buffet. I heard her walking across the ridge behind me. I marked the book, shot the deer, re-opened the book and finished the chapter. The shot was almost identicle to yours....I knew she wouldn't fall very far. I had her jerky'd and ground. She was tasty.

Good kill.

cool.png

Dash

Back
Top Bottom