Deerman's Peafowl

I have contacted them as well. Waiting to hear back. Although they just have a few of his hens. I would love to get some from a pure pair of strictly Burt's birds.

Em,
I currently have the following from Deerman: Zues my Silver Pied split peach and he gave me 2 hens for him. To date he has not had a fertile egg with those girls. Poseiden his bronze male and a bronze hen, she died and I purchased another hen for him. Hades my charcoal w/e and 2 IB split charcoal hens. I lost one hen to bad weather but she laid 2 eggs before she died and they hatched 2 boys. The second hen laid and I got about 10-12 chicks. Neighbor tossed poison in my shed and killed the charcoal peacock and son. I currently have the son to mother and she is on eggs (sitting for the first time). I also have eggs in the incubators from them and all are fertile. I am hoping for a charcoal male from them. So currently I will only have IB split charcoals from deerman. The whites with Zues are starting to lay now so I will see if those are fertile and let you know. The bronze has not laid a fertile egg in 2 years. I am using black weed control mesh to block the bird's breeding pens from each other cause I think they are constantly fighting instead of getting down to business. I will let you know what I get from the split charcoals and if anything from Zues so you can get some of Deerman's stock. The Bronze hen is not from Deerman, but from a breeder he recommended to me when I got the pair so I could get more hens for him.

Em,
I currently have the following from Deerman: Zues my Silver Pied split peach and he gave me 2 hens for him. To date he has not had a fertile egg with those girls. Poseiden his bronze male and a bronze hen, she died and I purchased another hen for him. Hades my charcoal w/e and 2 IB split charcoal hens. I lost one hen to bad weather but she laid 2 eggs before she died and they hatched 2 boys. The second hen laid and I got about 10-12 chicks. Neighbor tossed poison in my shed and killed the  charcoal peacock and son. I currently have the son to mother and she is on eggs (sitting for the first time). I also have eggs in the incubators from them and all are fertile. I am hoping for a charcoal male from them. So currently I will only have IB split charcoals from deerman. The whites with Zues are starting to lay now so I will see if those are fertile and let you know. The bronze has not laid a fertile egg in 2 years. I am using black weed control mesh to block the bird's breeding pens from each other cause I think they are constantly fighting instead of getting down to business. I will let you know what I get from the split charcoals and if anything from Zues so you can get some of Deerman's stock. The Bronze hen is not from Deerman, but from a breeder he recommended to me when I got the pair so I could get more hens for him.

Yes please let me know. I just can't imagine having peafowl if they didn't originally come from Burt. I know you all must think that's silly, but I just don't think peafowl without Burt.

Yes, I have the birds that ChooksChicks had advertised, well, three of them. Poppa P, Momma P, and Sonny P. Peanellipea died last winter, it was the most devastating loss I have had to date, she meant so much to me. Momma P would even at eight months sleep with both of the kids under her wings.

Sonny is now a yearling, a Spaulding Purple Black Shoulder.

Here he is with his mother and sister last December.

And here is Poppa P Last February.

Here are some of the chicks from Poppa Ps pen.

Em is a lucky lady! :)

Poppa p is so beautiful. I am wanting a new color and not having luck. :(
Sis says I have enough! I am trying to sell my yearlings and this is the first time I ever have had a hard time selling them.

Back
Top Bottom