Defending My Coop!

Chickenfan4life

Crowing
7 Years
Aug 28, 2012
Planet No
Hehe. I have been doing this for weeks, now. Every time there is an animal in the chicken coop, I grab the B.B gun, load it, pump it hard, and shoot the crap out of whatever it is attacking my flock. The animals I hit never bleed or get open wounds, they just get a major sting! The dogs have learned their lesson, but cats are stupid, so, I don't know if they'll ever learn. Oh well. Please don't say I am mean for doing this. I am merely defending my chickens. These animals are gonna have to learn that my chickens are off limits!

It's not mean if you want to continue to have chickens. My cats and ONE of my dogs can be in the chicken pen no problem, but I have one dog I have to chain up because she NEVER learns.

Do the cats actually attack the chickens, mine never have. Just the dogs.

Last edited:
My cat might go after chicks but never full grown chickens- not even the banties. She is actually afraid of them. My Dark Cornish hens will follow her around the coop and pull on her tail with their beaks. She hates it but I laugh every time. I tolerate wild predators taking a chook or two to feed their families but I will not put up with stray dogs. They kill just to kill and leave the bird laying there, dead. Just hit them a few times with the paint ball gun and they won't come back. And make sure you use red paint balls. That way when the dog shows back up at home, the owner can have a heart attack when she sees her "blood soaked dog" just like you did when the ****** thing attacked your chickens! Maybe then they'll tie it up.

My cat might go after chicks but never full grown chickens- not even the banties. She is actually afraid of them. My Dark Cornish hens will follow her around the coop and pull on her tail with their beaks. She hates it but I laugh every time. I tolerate wild predators taking a chook or two to feed their families but I will not put up with stray dogs. They kill just to kill and leave the bird laying there, dead. Just hit them a few times with the paint ball gun and they won't come back. And make sure you use red paint balls. That way when the dog shows back up at home, the owner can have a heart attack when she sees her "blood soaked dog" just like you did when the ****** thing attacked your chickens! Maybe then they'll tie it up.

There are no red paint filled paintballs. It is illegal. The closest you can get are orange or pink. I have been paintballing for 10 years. The shell color does not necessarily match the paint color. Since I play woodsball, i like a green or dark blue shell so harder to track. But I usually get pink or orange paint inside so you know when you are hit.

Hehe. I have been doing this for weeks, now. Every time there is an animal in the chicken coop, I grab the B.B gun, load it, pump it hard, and shoot the crap out of whatever it is attacking my flock. The animals I hit never bleed or get open wounds, they just get a major sting!
The dogs have learned their lesson, but cats are stupid, so, I don't know if they'll ever learn. Oh well. Please don't say I am mean for doing this. I am merely defending my chickens. These animals are gonna have to learn that my chickens are off limits!
I would think if you were REALLY "defending your chickens" you'd build a coop that would keep cats and dogs out instead of shooting them "for weeks"

The fact you don't see blood doesn't mean the BB's aren't penetrating and causing wounds

My neighbour's cat killed 9 of my chickens. First my two days old chickens without a trace (had no idea what it was). Later, killed 7 of my chickens, took two chickens away (no bodies), left 5 chickens behind, one without a head.

First, I had no idea what it was. Later, I saw a cat kept visiting my chicken enclosure so I'm certain the cat is the killer. I installed sensor light (just light). The cat didn't come back.

I'm from Melbourne, Australia. In Australia, it's not easy to own a gun. Besides, we can't simply kill neighbours' dogs/cats
he.gif

[[[[[[...........this for weeks, now. Every time there is an animal in the chicken coop, I grab the B.B gun, load it, pump it hard, and shoot the crap out of whatever it is attackin.......]]]]]]]]]

I don't care if you shoot invaders with a BB gun, but if you have had large animals getting inside your coop for weeks, I suggest that you consider tightening up the coop so that dogs and cats can't get inside there.

There are no red paint filled paintballs. It is illegal. The closest you can get are orange or pink. I have been paintballing for 10 years. The shell color does not necessarily match the paint color. Since I play woodsball, i like a green or dark blue shell so harder to track. But I usually get pink or orange paint inside so you know when you are hit.

Red paintballs are not illegal (in the USA anyways). They just aren't allowed in most paintball arenas. It took a 30 second google search to find them.

http://www.killerpaintballs.com/psycho.aspx
http://www.shop4paintball.com/Produ...10DRXSBRZGGR&gclid=CNW2nsqf47MCFcxcMgodaF8AtA

In many places it is illegal to shoot but not kill.Go figure. I would get rid of them if they were roamers-pets or strays it doesn't matter.

I just set my traps last night after some cleaning and painting.Been a few weeks,so I am curious if any new animals moved in to fill the void of those dispatched.

Be careful when you shoot,and don't tell neighbors. I have seen a few stories of people locally getting on the news for being caught shooting people's pets with a bb gun or pellet gun.

Back
Top Bottom