Deficient chickens?

Schellie69, I agree with you. I don't think my confined chickens feathered in as well on the newer soy foods, when I started using them. When I started free ranging them, it made a big difference in how they looked. That's the main reason I started putting my chicks out on pasture early. I also started supplementing more.

yea I love watching my girls go out and get those worms they go crazy when they find them I was going to go to that vegetarian food but decided against it when I saw how well my chickens did on just the plain feed. I have watched my girls with a chunk of turkey they stole from someone plate they are like feathered dinosaurs they are funny and vicious when it comes to food. Mine do free range and game bird flock raiser free choice 24/7 and crushed egg shell (I have never had a problem with egg eating)

Okay I feed organic feed, how do you know if the protein is from animal. What do I need to look for in the ingredients or is there no animal protein in organic feed.
thanks

My dog has food allergies, and is on an all fish diet. My chickies (less than a dozen) are on lawn (with a coop on stilts only big enough for sleeping). In the winter, to replace all the bugs they can no longer eat, I started feeding them some of my dog's fishy kibble every day. I put 1 cup kibble in 3 cups water and nuked it in the microwave. (Warning: it STINKS!) Let it swell and cool, and they LOVED it!! Yes, the kibble ain't cheap, and it isn't "organic", but with 10 hens, a big bag should last you a while. 34% protein, 14% fat.

Wellness "Core" Ocean Recipe is grain-free
http://www.wellnesspetfood.com/product-details.aspx?pet=dog&pid=72&dm=grainfree

I get it at my local farmer supply/Agway.

Back
Top Bottom