Definatly a SCAM, what do you think?

RedHead

Songster
11 Years
Jan 22, 2009
East Lake, NC
http://cgi.ebay.com/U-Can-Sex-Hatching-Eggs-all-birds-or-your-money-back_W0QQitemZ260486917550QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item3ca63aedae

Apparently
there's some magical device that can tell the sex of a chick while it's hatching
roll.png
gig.gif

Just found it interesting and thought I'd share lol

AHappychick

Wanna-be Farmer
11 Years
Dec 16, 2008
westchester
there is actually a member of BYC who uses this method and swears by it. I think it sounds crazy but I have heard it works. I am almost inclined to try it, I am figuring you can do it with chicks that ytou already know the sex of (or maybe quail) to see if it is acurate.

Southernbelle

Gone Broody
12 Years
Mar 17, 2008
Virginia
I haven't bought one, but it is apparently a magnet on a string. You hold it over the chicks head and if it swings in a circle: it's one gender, if it swings side to side; it's the other.
roll.png

newchickenfamily

Songster
11 Years
Apr 30, 2008
SF Bay Area - Danville
The kids and I have done the magnet swinging over the chicks here as an experiment. Pretty darn accurate for us. We didn't buy anything though! Just stuck a piece of yarn between two small magnets and presto, you have a swinging device!
gig.gif

ETA: The guys at the feedstore swear by this when a customer wants to triple check that a chick is a pullet.

Last edited:

Top Bottom