Definining Blue, Lavander, Lilac And Cream In Sebastopols.

Not lilac or dilute lilac. The color on the head sorta looks lavender.

Lavender -- silvery blue

Lilac -- creamy mushroom

Will post an example
It was hard for me to see the proper color of the lavender pictured... Celtic have you ever had a cream?
The lavender is a silvery blue, as I said have not seen a Lilac, so they are creamy mushroom color huh. So what color is a cream? Is it a light diluted color of a Buff?

Cream is just that cream.... no under tones. ....Some pale, some medium toned.

We have a cream American. Will try and get her with Piper our Lilac curly.

Piper shows the lilac color much better than her mom Peaches did.

I have good pictures of lavender, lilac, blue currently and will detail the cream as well. I have the page detailing the colors with close up showing the undertones.

Taken awhile to put together since I need to watermark each image after labeling and matching with like images.

Barb I need to have a better system.
I do have my pics in named files but I have so many and then I can't remember where certain pics are and its too daunting of a task to
try and refine it even more, I always seem to come across pics when I don't need them of course.
hmm.png

Barb I need to have a better system.
I do have my pics in named files but I have so many and then I can't remember where certain pics are and its too daunting of a task to
try and refine it even more, I always seem to come across pics when I don't need them of course.
hmm.png

Vicky I have made files of the color of the geese, Like whites, Greys, Blues, ect and then I put those pictures in the colored files. Make it a bit easier to find when we take so many pictures of our geese.

Last edited:
Cream is just that cream.... no under tones. ....Some pale, some medium toned.

We have a cream American. Will try and get her with Piper our Lilac curly.

Piper shows the lilac color much better than her mom Peaches did.

I have good pictures of lavender, lilac, blue currently and will detail the cream as well. I have the page detailing the colors with close up showing the undertones.

Taken awhile to put together since I need to watermark each image after labeling and matching with like images.
That would be great Celtic. I want to know and be sure of the colors. Because so many people ask about colors and some pictures are just hard to see the color properly. Thank you.

This boy is much, much, much lighter than a Lavender so if he's that then he's dilute, VERY. The color in the photos IS his color, it's what you see when you look at him except he is not always silvery, often he is beige, much lighter than a Buff of course but definitely beige. It doesn't look like anything definite. Sometimes he is beiger, sometimes slightly silvery, it all depends on the light. He is interesting.

This boy is much, much, much lighter than a Lavender so if he's that then he's dilute, VERY. The color in the photos IS his color, it's what you see when you look at him except he is not always silvery, often he is beige, much lighter than a Buff of course but definitely beige. It doesn't look like anything definite. Sometimes he is beiger, sometimes slightly silvery, it all depends on the light. He is interesting.
Sasa sometimes it is so hard with colors to be sure what they really are. Because there are so many tones in each color of the Sebastopol's!!!
The greys have several different colors of grey they can even look blue but are dilute greys, the blues have the same thing and even a diluted blue can sometimes look almost lavender but are blues. Now the lavenders have those different tones too which makes it hard to know if still a lavender dilute. I have not seen in person a Lilac nor a Cream.

Back
Top Bottom