definitely worth the wait

lol, daughters are grown and gone,
smile.png
I told him what you all posted and he laughed his butt off.. Thanks, we're going to try pancakes or muffins.
smile.png

The first egg ever laid by each of my chickens (I can tell all but a couple of them, because of the different breeds and whatnot) was carefully "blown" to salvage the whole shell as a keepsake. I now have 7 whole, empty eggshells for my collection. (I only saved one of the Lakenvelders' eggs, because I never knew which one belonged to which girl, but they're my only white egg layers.)

I have a new bantam layer, and I haven't yet done the same with her first egg. Wanted to wait until I had 3 of 'em, at least, to eat! They're just so cute - and I'm worried I might not be able to perform the process without crushing the tiny little egg.

But I've tasted all the other layers' eggs. MMMMMMMmmmmmm good.

Wow, what a beautiful egg! I'm so jealous. We're still waiting, "patiently", for our 21 girls to start laying. How old are you girls? Ours are all almost 20 weeks old and showing all the signs of being ready... but still no egg
hit.gif
These are our first chickens ever and the wait is killing me. Congrats on finding your first egg! I hope you (and the hubby) enjoy it!!!!

We've talked about blowing it out, I want to save it! It is special, some of my friends think I'm a bit "strange" but others, who have had chickens understand perfectly!
wink.png

Thanks, I can't believe that the first one was so perfect! As close as I can figure, they're just 16 weeks old, I wasn't expecting eggs for a few more weeks yet but had everything ready, just in case. I haven't found another egg yet today but I haven't been out there for a few hours. I'm thinking that it will be a little while before she lays regularly and the others start laying. It's great!! Can ya tell, I'm excited about all of this!!
smile.png

I got my first egg yesterday (I have 29 ladies...all approaching maturity)! I'm with DParadise- I'm blowing my out and hanging in the window. My $4,000 egg! Very exciting...

Quote:
Man,... that better be one GOOOooodd tasting fried egg sandwich !!! LOL!

and NO !,... I'm not even going to add all of mine up to find out what my first egg cost.
(it'd be my luck that the wife would find out, and string me up in the highest tree !)

ok, he finally decided to crack the egg, unfortunately, I can't save it now. MEN! Oh well, he did eat and says it tastes great! I have 1 question though, she didn't lay today, could that be because her first was a "double" yolk? DH is in the kitchen saying things like "we are the chicken raising kings and noone has anything on us" He's so proud of the double yolk he's crowing like a rooster... <grin> Here's a pic

54482_first_egg_july132010_006.jpg

54482_first_egg_july132010_003.jpg

don't mind the mess, he's home all day and loves to cook but not to clean!

WHAT ?!?!?
No fine China for the first egg ???
Where's the long stemware, ....and the Good Silverware,... and the imported Belgian Lace napkins ???
No CANDLES ?!?!?
SHEESH !!!

Back
Top Bottom