definitions PLEASE

lovemychicks9

Songster
11 Years
Apr 29, 2008
South Carolina
Okay please won't you help enlighten this grandma who just doesn't get some of these 3 and 4 letter little add ons that you all put in your posts. I know you probably all think I am a real slow kinda dumb person. This granny just don't get around to much and sometimes I have no idea what everyone is saing. I do know LOL and ROFL but what are alot of the others? One that baffles me is BTW and IMMHO and lots of the others. So sorry for being so dumb but I will get it if you all just enlighten me a bit. Thanks Trudy

BTW= by the way
IMHO= in my honest opinion OR in my humble opinion.

what others?
smile.png

Hey all you Michigan folks thanks for the help , makes me feel good since I am from Michigan. I lived there for 40 plus years and I soo miss it, in fact all of my family that moved here to this hot humid state are bailing on me and moving back------ just because they can! I will be here in Arkansas with just my husband and we will be all alone and I am scared to death of that. I would so love to come back but DH says he will NOT go back to the land of snow and ice. I thank you all so for the definitions and please keep them coming. trudy

I think all the acronyms started when people started text-messaging on their cell phones. Seems it's too cumbersome to spell things out on such a tiny screen with such tiny buttons.

Also, many people don't know how to touch-type, so the fewer words they have to peck out, the better.

Me, I still get mad when people can't spell out "through", and write "thru" instead. But I'm old fashioned I guess.

(edited to correct grammar - another old fashioned concept)

Last edited:
Quote:
Well now I feel even better helping you out. Can't you hear that cold nor'easter calling "Come back.....come home...."
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom