Deformed Gosling?! Help please... ASAP!

fl.gif
hope the lil one gets better

I need some serious help, I have a recently hatched gosling that is very weak and frail. It's legs are very thin and it's not eating. It hatched with no assistance and was not drying out after a whole day in the incubator. I took it out to see what was wrong with it and it had afterbirth stuck to it. I washed it off with warm water and put it under a light and it's been a whole day and it's not eating but it is drinking and I tried to put food in the water and see if it could get a little nutrients from that, but it doesn't seem to be helping. It's having trouble picking it's head up and it's not walking. I have a duckling about the same age and it's almost bigger than the goose. I'm no expert by a long shot, but this baby doesn't look healthy and I just need some help if and how I can get this little guy stronger. And btw the other geese that have hatched for me look perfect and are eating and running around and doing great. Idk what's wrong with this one but I sure hope talk can help me out!
1f601.png
Thank you so much in advance!

Keep offering it water, and maybe give it a drop of Nutri-Drench. Also watch the it doesn't get too hot under the lamp.

-Kathy

Back
Top Bottom