Deformed vent ????

Ethandilley03

Chirping
Jul 12, 2020
image.jpg
Chick is 3 days old wondering is this a deformed vent or just poopy butt? Chick was initially in with the other chicks but i noticed they had been pecking at its backside so have isolated. Chick is eating and drinking fine but im constantly have to wet and wipe away its poo. What should I do?

View attachment 3612573Chick is 3 days old wondering is this a deformed vent or just poopy butt? Chick was initially in with the other chicks but i noticed they had been pecking at its backside so have isolated. Chick is eating and drinking fine but im constantly have to wet and wipe away its poo. What should I do?
As long as there is no pin feathers around the vent to could possibly try to cut away some of the fluff do that the poop doesn't attach to the fluff. I do think with them sometimes when they constantly get poopy but. I will go away eventually and I will mo longer need to remove the fluff around the vent. If you see pin feathers DON'T CUT IT!!! That is a blood supply to the feather as it forms do cutting it can cause blood lose.

View attachment 3612573Chick is 3 days old wondering is this a deformed vent or just poopy butt? Chick was initially in with the other chicks but i noticed they had been pecking at its backside so haveisolated. Chick is eating and drinking fine but im constantly have to wet and wipe away its poo. What should I do?
It might be constipated so only the liquidy part of the feces will pass. Does it drink enough?

How does it smell?

Try to feed it some pieces of chilled coconut oil to help as a laxative.

View attachment 3612573Chick is 3 days old wondering is this a deformed vent or just poopy butt? Chick was initially in with the other chicks but i noticed they had been pecking at its backside so have isolated. Chick is eating and drinking fine but im constantly have to wet and wipe away its poo. What should I do?
Did you hatch this chick?

Back
Top Bottom