1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Delaware and/or Buckeye chicks or hatching eggs

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by j.luetkemeyer, Sep 23, 2010.

1. j.luetkemeyer

j.luetkemeyer Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 11, 2008
    Mid-Missouri
    I'm currently trying to expand my flocks of buckeyes and delawares. I have culled everything in my poultry yard that I am not breeding and would like to be ready for selling chicks in the spring. If you have either of these two breeds I am interested in eggs or day old chicks.

2. FlashPointFarm

FlashPointFarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 24, 2009
    Iowa
    I would contact Laura Haggarty for Buckeye chicks. Love mine from her!

3. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Gosh, wish you were closer to me. I have a dozen Delaware hatching eggs on the shelf just sitting that I collected when one of my hens was threatening to go broody. I am not sending any hatching eggs by mail anymore, except on the rarest of occasions. Mine are from good breeder stock.

4. bargain

bargain Love God, Hubby & farm Premium Member

Apr 13, 2008
    Bowdon, GA
    I have Speckledhen's stock and they are very nice. I suggest that you try to "twist her arm" and get her to ship to you.

Listed below is one of our recent posts:
    https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=399230

My eggs are sold for the week of 9/27 and October 4. I can do a ship on Oct. 11 and possibly depending on how many you want, a little earlier.

Please pm me if you are interested. Thanks and have a blessed day! Nancy

Last edited: Sep 24, 2010

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by