Delaware Pullets

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by tuskajones, Jun 26, 2010.

1. tuskajones

tuskajones Out Of The Brooder

Dec 18, 2007
    Sewickley, PA
    I have for sale, at least 10, possibly more, pullets (young hens) from my chick order. The birds are almost 6 weeks old. I would like to sell them when they are about 10 weeks old (on or around July 12th). They were purchased from Sand Hill Preservation Center. This is my first experience with this breed but they are very pretty, not flighty and are excellent foragers.

Here is what Sand Hill Preservation Center says about the breed:

From Sand Hill:
    Delaware: They are a fast grower, lay huge brown eggs, have moderately large single comb with five well-defined points, white with gray/black cuckoo neck, tail and wing feathers. These were developed in 1940 from off-colored sports between Barred Rock male and New Hampshire female. They are an excellent choice for free-range broilers. Over the years, I've attempted to select for large-sized eggs. There appears to be a number of "Delawares" available from other sources that do not anywhere match the traits that we have found to be true for this breed. A "true" Delaware should not be a light weight, flighty bird. We are trying to select for the fastest growing and most productive hens, but with reasonable egg size.

I can drive within an hour of the Pittsburgh area for at least two birds for pickup. No shipping.

2. bkeller186

bkeller186 New Egg

Jun 27, 2010
    Delmont Pa
    I am looking for a few more Chickens for my new flock. where are you located? I am near Delmont, about 10 miles from Monroeville. could meet you somewhere if it isnt to far.

3. Tara Rose

Tara Rose Chillin' With My Peeps

I am in PA but turns out I am over 5 hours away. Is there any way you could ship?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by