Delaware ?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by friedbluebanana, Sep 1, 2011.

1. friedbluebanana

friedbluebanana Out Of The Brooder

Jul 20, 2011
    This little lady was sold to me as a Delaware chick, and is now about 9 weeks old. She is completely white and her legs look more orange to me than yellow. Is she a Delaware that as a fluke, is all white? Or is she a different breed? While we are at you think she is a she? She is part of my very first flock, so I would appreciate any help I could get. Thanks!

2. juliechick

juliechick Transplanted Hillbilly

Jun 27, 2008
    Southeast AR
    She is shaped like a White Leghorn.
  3. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Doesn't appear to be a Delaware. Even the lighter marked ones usually have some markings on them. Post again in a couple weeks and we'll be able to tell you better. Do you see any black on her anywhere at all?
  4. southerndesert

southerndesert B & M Chicken Ranch

Jun 17, 2011
    Morristown, AZ
    I am thinking along same lines and she is a she, but looks allot like a leghorn pullet to me...
  5. friedbluebanana

friedbluebanana Out Of The Brooder

Jul 20, 2011
    Thanks guys. I also had thought she may be a leghorn. I will post some more pictures in a few weeks.

Speckledhen, she does not have any black at all.

6. Uniontown Poultry

Uniontown Poultry Chillin' With My Peeps

Not a Delaware. One of our members bred Dels for years (and the favorite of my backyard coop is a Delaware), and I've seen many of her chicks & even the ones with the crappiest faint markings had some markings, or at least the black tail-tip. I'd say Leghorn or maybe even a white Rock.
  7. Happy Chooks

Happy Chooks Moderator Staff Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Northern CA
    My Coop

Definitely not a Delaware.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by