Delawareans!!

Hello everyone! Felton, DE here.

I don't have any chicks yet but I am picking up my coop tomorrow and supplies to make a run. I plan on getting some chicks in the next week.

Does anyone know a good place to buy them from? I was going to go to tractor supply but they only sell them in quantities of 10. They coop I am getting is only 4ft x 4ft. So I know 10 would be way too many.

Thank you in advance :)

Hi and welcome!!! :welcome
I did my first two sets of chicks from MyPetChicken.com. You can pick out what you want, pick out all hens, roos, or a straight run. I think for Delaware the minimum order is 4 and you can pick your delivery date based on chick breed availability. It's a bit pricey for shipping but I was very happy with both orders. The chicks come right to the post office. If you pre-warn you post office/postmaster...they will call you as soon as they get there. I took a chance and did TSC this year and wound up with too many roos...I got 16 and only 5 were hens...they were also not a great quality. That was Easter and minimum was 6....I wonder if goes up after that???You can also try Craigslist for more local chicks/chickens available.
I've read other East Coasters on here use Cackle and Ideal Hatcheries....but still had issues with getting roos when they ordered hens.

Back
Top Bottom