Delawareans!!

Pics

Bec

THE Delaware Blue Hen
12 Years
Feb 21, 2007
Home Of The Delaware Blue Hen
I was just checking to see if there were any new Delawareans on the board!!!!
yippiechickie.gif

NANKIN UPDATE! We have a Hatchling!

Meet Pippin/Pippi! He/She entered the world about twenty minutes ago. This is the new baby's official one-minute newborn portrait:

Cuds First2.jpg

I NEVER get tired of watching a hatch! We still have one egg left in the 'bator, due to hatch tomorrow. I'm hoping that Pip's peeps will motivate the other egglet to get a move on! I'm keeping my fingers crossed ...

I'm not in Delaware, but I could ride a bike across the state line, if I wanted! I'm in North East, Maryland. I've got all bantams - mostly Nankins (critically endangered and the sweetest little birds I've known!) some Porcelain D'uccles and a small starter flock of Sebrights that I'm trying to talk my daughter into selling. We have our first batch of Nanny eggs setting, and hopefully, we'll need the coop space. If you know anyone interested in a 4H project, we could set them nicely - and for Delawate, I can meet halfway!

Do you think you might have a few Sebright eggs I could hatch?

My Sebrights all went to the Cecil County Technical High School, where they will be the foundation of their new breeding flock. Once this nasty weather breaks, I may have a few Porcelain D-Uccles you could try, though. I only have one young pair (who need a home!) but FeatherFoot just started laying, so the eggs are few and far between. We should have more over the next few weeks, though, at least we will if Spring ever decides to stick around for more than 24 hours at a time!

are you able to text me a picture of the pair that need a home? 302-300-6003
i will be oh so happy when spring sticks... i'm so over the mud and muck

I'll try to get some good pics tomorrow. They're sound asleep at the moment ... like I should be!
They're very nice little birds, last Spring's late hatch. At last summer's Cecil County Fair, Fella took third in a sizable class of feather-legged bantam cockerels. FeatherFoot took sixth in the feather-legged pullet class - which was HUGE! They're both friendly, but a bit timid and they'll eat out of your hands. FF is a real talker - she happily chatters away whenever we talk to her! They're currently living in a rabbit hutch/dog kennel condo on my front porch (Chicken Math vs the Coop Wars, 2018 version. Guess who won?) so I can hear her busy "burbling" most of the day. It's pretty cool!

Thanks! My coop is coming from Fl this month. Dad scored a rabbit hutch on the side of the road that we are going to modify into their coop. I am incubating some Serama eggs now. I am def open to other breeds. Trying to stay on the smaller size if possible. My daughter is just getting into 4h this year. We haven't ever done any shows so I plan to take her to a few events so she can get an idea of what we will be doing with our feather babies <3

@nataliewipf ... I got some pics today. They definitely don't do this pair justice, though; the lighting today is awful! Their coloring is a soft dove gray and pale cream, with the mottling typical of porcelains, very pretty! They are definitely bantams, so they're small. To give you some size perspective, their kennel is a standard dog crate. In the single pic of FeatherFoot, you can just see the short side of a regular, plastic milk crate, laying on its' long side. The "coop" is a small rabbit hutch. The close-up is of the pair last fall. They were smaller, because they weren't quite full grown (they are, now,) but it shows their coloring a little better in indoor lighting.
FFF1a.jpg FF1a.jpg FFAll1.jpg
If you're seriously interested, pm me and we can chat some more.

Back
Top Bottom