Delawares? {Edited w/pics}

Thanks for the confirmation, everyone!

They're certainly handsome boys.
smile.png

Don't be so hard on the MIL. You don't know what you don't know and there are plenty of people willing to rehome a rooster or two to a starry eyed newbie that wants a few eggs. ( What big pretty healthy looking hens and they're almost old enough to lay??? Wow thanks!!!
lau.gif
) I was taken that way too. I waited all spring for eggs before I found out....Then the hatcheries cut back for the summer and I had to wait all over again for chicks. I won't get eggs until NEXT spring.

Don't torment her, I bet she feels bad enough.
barnie.gif
barnie.gif
barnie.gif

For weeks my DH would offer to explain the difference to me, and when I go to town for coffee I still get asked about how many eggs I'm getting.
roll.png

If any of my new little pullets pull an identity change on me and turn out to be roos, I'm going to hang my head and sneak out of town after dark.
hmm.png

*hehe* I don't think we're going to be keeping them. Hubby seems to think we're either eating them or selling them. *sighs* I'm horrible... I want to keep every single animal we bring home. But darnit, I can't help it! I get attached too quickly!

Back
Top Bottom