Delawares from kathyinmo

Pics
The above picture is of my F-2 that I had bred from Kathy's F-1's. From what I know this is not to common to happen on the 2's. Kathy had one given to her that was a F-1 that was colored Delaware. I guess I will have to use a Delaware rooster on her since I do not have a F-3 Roos. She is laying 4 to 5 eggs a week and is keeping the yellow legs which I am surprised. Thanks Jeff for the offer of help to put the picture on hear. I am surprised I did it might not be able to do it again!!

Scott

The above picture is of my F-2 that I had bred from Kathy's F-1's. From what I know this is not to common to happen on the 2's. Kathy had one given to her that was a F-1 that was colored Delaware. I guess I will have to use a Delaware rooster on her since I do not have a F-3 Roos. She is laying 4 to 5 eggs a week and is keeping the yellow legs which I am surprised. Thanks Jeff for the offer of help to put the picture on hear. I am surprised I did it might not be able to do it again!!

Scott

She is nice. Let us know how her offspring turn out. Maybe you can get a male from someone who has extras of Kathy's F4s to use with her.

She is nice. Let us know how her offspring turn out. Maybe you can get a male from someone who has extras of Kathy's F4s to use with her.

I have 9 f4 males 3 of which i think may be worthy- two of which I plan on keeping - but haven't made final selections - they are still maturing and I will post but have been busy with non chicken matters - yes there is life outside the chicken world LOL

PS - yes nice looking hen

I have 9 f4 males 3 of which i think may be worthy- two of which I plan on keeping - but haven't made final selections - they are still maturing and I will post but have been busy with non chicken matters - yes there is life outside the chicken world LOL

PS - yes nice looking hen
I just made my fairly final selections this weekend. Keeping 3 cockerals for now, the biggest, 7 LB 12 oz. who still looks gangly and awkward and two others who are a little smaller but looking good (one I posted a pic. of a few posts back). Two nice pullets, both columbian marked (one less so than the other) and two more for the laying flock, one is small, has nice colour but white legs and another who is large and I quite like but do not like the feather quality on her.

Am selling a nice trio today to a gal who hopefully will be able to work with me on this line. Very nice cockeral, one very nice pullet and another I like but she is one of the smaller ones and a little narrow.

Two smaller cockerals 6 LB 13 oz and 6 LB 4 oz went to the local auction this morning with 8 BCM Marans the same age, huge in comparison. Freezer is full at the moment or we would have butchered.

None of the pullets are laying yet, cockerals are still not crowing or acting amorous............ Hatch dates first week of April. Waiting................... That's my update :)

Mine aren't laying either and they were hatched 4/25 so I don't feel too badly now that I hear you aren't seeing any action either!
big_smile.png
I was thinking I'll have to be checking the woods soon for eggs as that is where they spend most of their lives. They are truly a landrace type bird and very reluctant to even come to the coop for grain rations, though their forage has diminished in the cold fall weather. Sure has saved me on feed all summer long.

I am noticing some buff colored barring on some of my pullets. Not all of them.

Addendum..... I wanted to add this cull to show you. Very Columbian and no bleed through.
Of course.... hahaha

Some of my White Rocks......

Last edited:
I'm in love with the first and third pictured hens in that last post.... swoon worthy! So beautiful to the eye! Mine are mid molt too, even my youngsters, which has changed the colors in their tails a little...will be curious what those tail feathers will look like when they come back in.

I like shape of pullet Kathy posted - last of first post and first of 2nd post = pretty . Believe they the same bird or twins .
I'm getting close to first Cockerel selection time . Hope to do some pics soon .
All my older hens [ not dels ] have had a heavy molt this year and egg production way down.

Heres the teen boys 27 Wks - Eating up the fermented feed.- thats the entire male hatch

Back
Top Bottom