Delawares from kathyinmo

Pics
HAPPY THANKSGIVING ALL - Today my chickens are thankful they are not Turkeys .

On a Kathyinmo del note; All the boys are getting feisty and getting some fighting, bloody combs .
Happy Thanksgiving to you all!

Same here with the males. Lots of chasing but not many injuries, except for scratched combs. I think I'm going to cull another two, which will leave me 4 males. I also found one pullet with a badly bloodied comb. Not sure what happened. Sprayed it with blue spray and they seem to be getting along now.
I'm getting a nice sized egg every other day now.

Happy Thanksgiving to you all!

Same here with the males. Lots of chasing but not many injuries, except for scratched combs. I think I'm going to cull another two, which will leave me 4 males. I also found one pullet with a badly bloodied comb. Not sure what happened. Sprayed it with blue spray and they seem to be getting along now.
I'm getting a nice sized egg every other day now.
Dittos on eggs
its strange but the 1st two I selected to keep are the only ones with no battle scares. They just do the little war dance step and the rest leave them alone with no challenges . I almost changed my runner up the other day but he's been fighting too . So back to the original selection. They must be dominant although # 2 isn't as big as some others.Maybe he's just friends with #1 for protection LOL
Who knows - chickens are weird LOL

I know egg production has slowed for just about everyone, but does anyone have some fertile ones they are willing to sell & ship in the next week or so? I want to set some Dels for the New Years Hatch Along, but my 3 mature hens haven't started laying again since molting. My new pullets just started laying in October and the eggs are still small. So I'm stuck between generations. :(

I know egg production has slowed for just about everyone, but does anyone have some fertile ones they are willing to sell & ship in the next week or so? I want to set some Dels for the New Years Hatch Along, but my 3 mature hens haven't started laying again since molting. My new pullets just started laying in October and the eggs are still small. So I'm stuck between generations.
sad.png
I don't know anybody ready with Kathys line yet . I don't even have my breed pens built yet to get them segregated. I have 9 cockerels only three of which are worthy. I am culling all but two of them if you need a Roo. But no eggs to incubate yet. If your not looking for Kathys then Wekive may have some . She's in SC also .

I don't know anybody ready with Kathys line yet . I don't even have my breed pens built yet to get them segregated. I have 9 cockerels only three of which are worthy. I am culling all but two of them if you need a Roo. But no eggs to incubate yet. If your not looking for Kathys then Wekive may have some . She's in SC also .

My beautiful alpha roo and top hen are actually from Wekiva. :) I just assumed her flock would be slow on eggs like mine since the weather here has been freakishly cold, but maybe not!

Wekiva Bird is a member on here that's around Columbia, SC. She has Delawares and the most beautiful Buff Orpingtons I have ever seen. They're like fluffy globes of sunshine.
Thanks,
My Dellies had the worst molt in yrs. They have not started back laying yet.
And i'm waiting for some of Kathy's bloodine as well.
fl.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom