Delawares from kathyinmo

Pics
FYI I had chicks hatch today. The rooster was a Delaware and the hens were one F -2 Delaware colored hen and the other one was a New Hampshire both came from Kathy but my breedings. The F2 chicks came with some color they have dark brown spots on the top of head and sides of back. The Hamp chicks are solid yellow.

Scott

I have two out of four hatched, this evening late is day 21. They are my first F'5's from Kathy's F'4's :) These four are from the smallest pullet but correctly coloured hackles/tail and that had white legs as a chick but are now are a light yellow. Not as deep yellow as the other 3 pullets or 3 cockerals I am using. Will be interesting to see how they grow out for sure!

Scott, if you would post pics as they grow I would love to see. In the fall I may cross one of these Delaware cockerals over my New Hamps (came from Luanne D'Amico who I think got her start on them from Kathy) to try to speed up their feathering/growth. The F'4's were very slow to develop, I think I had mine in the brooder for 7 weeks before they were fully feathered. My other breeds are ready to go out at 4 - 5 weeks.

I have two out of four hatched, this evening late is day 21.  They are my first F'5's from Kathy's F'4's :)    These four are from the smallest pullet but correctly coloured hackles/tail and that had white legs as a chick but are now are a light yellow.   Not as deep yellow as the other 3 pullets or 3 cockerals I am using.  Will be interesting to see how they grow out for sure!

Scott, if you would post pics as they grow I would love to see.  In the fall I may cross one of these Delaware cockerals over my New Hamps (came from Luanne D'Amico who I think got her start on them from Kathy) to try to speed up their feathering/growth.  The F'4's were very slow to develop, I think I had mine in the brooder for 7 weeks before they were fully feathered.  My other breeds are ready to go out at 4 - 5 weeks.

I will try to get some pictures. I look for the colored chicks to be white but I may be wrong. It will be interesting to see what the F2 Del NH with a Del sire turn out.

I will try to get some pictures. I look for the colored chicks to be white but I may be wrong. It will be interesting to see what the F2 Del NH with a Del sire turn out.
I think you are right, I believe the coloured chicks to be culls as far as trying to get the Dels. I assume you will breed the F'2 Del. NH back to Dad if you still have him?

FYI I had chicks hatch today. The rooster was a Delaware and the hens were one F -2 Delaware colored hen and the other one was a New Hampshire both came from Kathy but my breedings. The F2 chicks came with some color they have dark brown spots on the top of head and sides of back. The Hamp chicks are solid yellow.

Scott

That is great!

That reminds me--I need to candle and set a hatch soon!

I have three batches of Kathyinmo Dels cooking now!

I am confused by this statement. Pure Delaware chicks are yellow. What color do you mean by colored chicks?

I am confused by this statement. Pure Delaware chicks are yellow. What color do you mean by colored chicks?

When I mean colored they are not all yellow. They have a brown strip on the top of there head and a strip down each side of there back. Otherwise they are yellow as far as I can tell.

Back
Top Bottom