Delawares from kathyinmo

Dang, what are you feeding those birds!! Sounds like my largest cockerel is on the small size of yours. I really wish I hadn't lost 8 birds to a skunk, I'm sure they were the best ones. :/
Man that skunk must be a picky eater taking only the fattest first LOL

My F5s will be 14 weeks on 8/17 - i will try to remember to weight
then for comparison but I do have weights at 19 weeks on the F4s

Last edited:
One of my older chicks with very little extra black ... and some of the last hatch that had the DelaMutts in it.

How old is she - nice round shape

I'm pretty sure that one is 10 weeks old ... part of my second hatch. She could be from the first hatch, and be 12 weeks or the third and be a little younger ... I have a maybe one each from the first three hatches showing up lighter like this one and tried to get photos yesterday, but once I looked at the photos it isn't as easy to remember which bird is which. The more recent hatches are still too little to say anything useful about feathers.

As far as shape goes, that seems to be my pullet shape. The cockerels are similar, but up on drumsticks. I think I posted a photo showing the different body shapes at about 8 weeks?

Is there anyone out there selling F-4 or F-5 chicks or eggs?
Not that I know of. Desertmarcy had her breeders for sale but I think they are now gone. Look through the breeders on this thread and maybe contact some close to you.

The cockerels are similar, but up on drumsticks. I think I posted a photo showing the different body shapes at about 8 weeks?

Look at the rich yellow in those legs! Nice!

Look at the rich yellow in those legs! Nice!

Yeah ... I'm pleased with that. I can't take credit for it, I don't think, unless nutrition plays a part. But the breeding trio seems to be producing super orange/yellow legs that are so far all staying pretty yellow as the chicks mature. That's one thing I'm not fretting over! Phew, huh? There are so many details to track.

Thank you and I will try that. I received another lead so will follow that one out and let you all know how that goes. Thanks and nice to be here.

How does one contact Kathy in Mo? I am interested in Heritage Delawares and I am looking for people that breed to Heritage specs and any help would be appreciated. Thank you

You can private message her but I'm not sure she's got anything. Hers are her own line recreated. You could do the same if you want to take the time. Of course that would mean getting New Hampshires and Barred Rocks.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom