Delawares vs. Barred Rocks

HI There--I just stumbled across this thread and figure you all might be able to answer my question. I have 23 Delaware chickens (mixed roos and hens) that are 11 weeks old tomorrow. I bought them from Sand Hill Preservation Center and I am very happy with the birds. Some are for the freezer and some for my backyard flock. I have someone interested in a few hens and a roo. There is one roo in particular that is very beautiful EXCEPT he has one wattle (?) that, for lack of better words, is shriveled up and "undescended." Here is my crazy question: Could this be an indication of his fertility or lack of? Just curious.

Thanks!

tuskajones
I don't know the answer to your question. I have never heard of that before.

On another note .... I have been wanting to see some Sandhills Delawares. Do you have pictures of them that you could post? PLEASE????

Quote:
I am not sure of her name. The guy that runs the feed store told me about her when I was talking to him about it. I guess she gets feed there too, so she must be close. He said he thinks she is in McMinn County. That is the county just south of me.
What's the website? I'll check that out.

Maybe I can just try for all female group of both. haha. I'm just one of those people who can't decide.
tongue.png

Back
Top Bottom