Delayed Coturnix hatching?

My thermo

I only had one thermometer inside and it said 101 plus or minus a few tenths, and same down to 100. Same as the incubator, but I had the thermometer in the middle and these eggs, if I’m guessing correctly, were all to the right side. So guessing cold spot, but it couldn’t have been that different because it’s a pretty small incubator (13 chicken eggs).
You might be surprised. I've seen up a 2 degree difference inside of an incubator.

You might be surprised. I've seen up a 2 degree difference inside of an incubator.
Fair enough. Day 22/23 now… moved the last hatched babies to the brooder… and another freaking egg pipped and is moving around 🤦🏻‍♀️.

I’m gonna have to get another brooder set up because the new babies are so much smaller than Wednesdays hatch, and if this egg hatches it will be even MORE behind. Good lord.

Fair enough. Day 22/23 now… moved the last hatched babies to the brooder… and another freaking egg pipped and is moving around 🤦🏻‍♀️.

I’m gonna have to get another brooder set up because the new babies are so much smaller than Wednesdays hatch, and if this egg hatches it will be even MORE behind. Good lord.
How are they doing now? I try to call the hatch at 3 days post and so far have had 0 past day 18. Albiet I have only had 2 hatches.

Back
Top Bottom