Delicate question, not sure exactly how to ask this....

To answer the original question - Yes.

I learned the hard way.
roll.png
I had a frizzled, fray-feathered, but cocky little bantam Cochin who I thought could never do it, so he was allowed to run around loose in the yard. One day he snuck into my Buff Ameraucana pen, and somehow he was able to not only balance on a large Ameraucana hen with his pathetic "wings" but actually able to fertilize the eggs, and somehow, ALL my eggs for a weeks' worth ended up being nothing but Cochin cross mutts.

Last edited:
I have two 3 week old silkie/serama mutt chicks.....daddy was the Serama, mommy is a full sized blue Silkie! That must have been some rodeo
lol.png

I can't even picture how it happened, but so far these two are the cutest chicks I have ever had...and so sweet natured & curious.
love.gif

I guess all I'm sayin is that you might end up with some fun surprises so long as you're not counting on purebred chicks, etc....

54063_p1050160.jpg

Oh my goodness. What a sweet little blue bird. That's one of the prettiest little chicks I've ever seen. This thread is cracking me up!

Quote:
yuckyuck.gif
lau.gif

This is why I am not getting anything done today!!
gig.gif
:lau:gig

lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
I LOVE jokes, and can honestly say this is the first time I have ever heard that one. Someone asked about Chestnuts and brought to mind a hilarious joke about a parrot, but can't tell it on here. Not THAT bad, but not for kids. . . .

Believe it or not, I do have a legitimate reason for asking. My concern is/was that a small roo who couldn't hit the bullseye would continue to try, try again, causing more damage to a hen's back feathers than a roo that got it done and went about his business.

My Japanese bantem roo never had any problems getting them job done with my big BO girls. I hatched out lots of medium sized buff chicks with high tails and low held wings last spring
big_smile.png

Edited to add: after reading your last post, my girls acted like they never even noticed the little roo was there. He would get on, do his business and be done with it. He wouldn't keep trying. It was pretty common place around my house to see my BOs walking around the yard with the little guy riding on their back
lau.gif
as if he wasn't even there

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom