denagard and tetracycline

I'll go tomorrow and get supplies. what size tubing do I need and where can I find it? The vet did give him fluids twice, I've been spending a lot on my rooster but he is worth it!
I would use a size 18 french catheter, which you can get from your vet, but you could also use a piece of aquarium air line if you melt the end of the tube to remove the sharp edge. You will also need a 60 ml catheter tip syringe. That you can get from a vet or Tractor Supply.

I have the syringes. Should I give him the water with the meds in it or just plain water and meds seperate? Thank-you for your help.

He is not a vet, he's not even a doctor. :(
No but he knows more about chickens than most people and I have never been steered wrong with him even our state veterinarian here at the USDA uses him he had a show the chicken Whisperer and his written many books

No but he knows more about chickens than most people and I have never been steered wrong with him even our state veterinarian here at the USDA uses him he had a show the chicken Whisperer and his written many books
Also most vets don't know that much about poultry there is one method does Avian and that's mostly parrot parrots and exotic birds here in Northeastern Oklahoma just like my vet said the only thing she knows about chickens is it a sick chicken is a dead chicken

My problem with him is that he calls himself a doctor and doesn't even have a PhD. Doing this gives people a false sense of security when they get advice from him. He also sells prescirption only items, which is illegal. :(
Also most vets don't know that much about poultry there is one method does Avian and that's mostly parrot parrots and exotic birds here in Northeastern Oklahoma just like my vet said the only thing she knows about chickens is it a sick chicken is a dead chicken
Maybe most cat/dog vets might not know much about chickens, but I'm pretty sure most avian vets do know a lot about them.

My problem with him is that he calls himself a doctor and doesn't even have a PhD. Doing this gives people a false sense of security when they get advice from him. He also sells prescirption only items, which is illegal. :(
Maybe most cat/dog vets might not know much about chickens, but I'm pretty sure most avian vets do know a lot about them.
Has been breeding show chickens for a long time my avian vet had me show him how to remove a bumblefoot lesion Peter Brown is a brilliant man most of the major breeders use him and get their vaccines from him and there is a new federal law you cannot sell over-the-counter antibiotics that's why he sells prescriptions for instance his oxy tetracycline is twice the strength of what you can get at Tractor Supply

Has been breeding show chickens for a long time my avian vet had me show him how to remove a bumblefoot lesion Peter Brown is a brilliant man most of the major breeders use him and get their vaccines from him and there is a new federal law you cannot sell over-the-counter antibiotics that's why he sells prescriptions for instance his oxy tetracycline is twice the strength of what you can get at Tractor Supply
Let me clarify that you can't sell medications for chickens or any other animal that is the same antibiotics that would be used for humans without a prescription this was done because y'all are out there just shoveling in the antibiotics and now we have resistance that is being passed on to humans I was in family practice for 42 years I understand this why is it so difficult for you to understand why he sells prescription drugs only

If he is still selling any drugs that normally require a prescription without a prescription, then he is doing something illegal.

I think the injectable oxytetracyline listed on his website is the same as the one that Tractor Supply sells, both are 200 mg/ml, and it doesn't require a prescription.

Let me clarify that you can't sell medications for chickens or any other animal that is the same antibiotics that would be used for humans without a prescription
He cannot sell *any* prescription drug unless he is set up with some sort of pharmacy license *and* people submit a prescription. Last year he was selling Baytril injectable and tablets, that was so illegal!

I was in family practice for 42 years I understand this why is it so difficult for you to understand why he sells prescription drugs only
Perhaps I'm not explaining it properly, I have no difficulty in understanding what is and is not illegal.

He is not a doctor, so he cannot legally sell anything that's *not* OTC. Injectable oxytetracycline *is* OTC, so he *can* legally sell that.

He used to sell injectable Baytril, and I see that's not on his website now, but let me assure you that every time he sold that he *was* breaking the law!
baytril_1_1.png

Back
Top Bottom