denagard and tetracycline

misty51

Chirping
8 Years
Mar 20, 2011
Gainesville
I am giving my rooster Denagard and want to also give him Tetracycline powder form. Anyone know how much and do I add it to the water with the Denagard? Pretty sure he has micoplasma he was doing better but now around his eyes is getting swollen again.

I am giving my rooster Denagard and want to also give him Tetracycline powder form. Anyone know how much and do I add it to the water with the Denagard? Pretty sure he has micoplasma he was doing better but now around his eyes is getting swollen again.
Which tetracycline do you have?

Actually I got Tetroxy HCA-280 (oxytetracycline) powder. I did not know they took this stuff off the market, but I went to my local feed store and they sold it to me. They had it in the back still. Is the dose the same then and can I mix it with Denagard?

Actually I got Tetroxy HCA-280 (oxytetracycline) powder. I did not know they took this stuff off the market, but I went to my local feed store and they sold it to me. They had it in the back still. Is the dose the same then and can I mix it with Denagard?
That's more concentrated, so ~3/4 to 1 teaspoon ger gallon.

If you opt for the tetracycline, oxytet make sure and give it for the full 14 days because a lot of this stuff is resistant now my choice is erythromycin or Tylan soluble and works very well denagard is used as a preventative I would pull the denagard as it usually is not effective in treatment of an established infection. Once your birds are cleared you should use the denagard in their water as a preventative 7 days out of each month at 6 CC's per gallon this came directly from the chicken Doctor Peter Brown from First State Vet Supply in Pennsylvania and he knows medicines

Back
Top Bottom