Denagard is On the Way

I gave it to my chickens. Last summer there was a lot of respiratory issues going on because it was so hot & damp. I thought Denagard would help, because I could dose the whole flock with it, and there wasn't supposed to be any withdrawal time for the eggs. I guess it seemed to help, but it was frustrating because they weren't drinking it in their water, even though I added sugar.

Quote:
Hi, my chickens aren't too enthusiastic about drinking water with their antibiotics, so i'm looking to make it into some kind of mash. Do you know what the dose is for each bird/day, if it's not given through water? (Denagard 12.5%, 10 hens.) Thanks.

Just an update for Anyone that wants to know. After only three days of use they are cured. My roo crows and no one coughs anymore. I am sold. This stuff is great. They did drink a little less so I might the sugar thing next time.

So. Will that mean that after treating with Denegard that the chicken will always carry the disease, kind of like chicken pocks? If treating with antibiotics and afterwards, that means the eggs and chicken meat - if culled - is not edible? I'm trying to find some answers as I just discovered one of my chickens sneezing tonight. She is a blue splashed copper maran pullet. She came to me from a local breeder (along with three others). Haven't noticed others sneezing. After I separated her and brought her in the house I cleaned up her now running (clear) nose. We had a huge snow storm last night and got a foot of snow. Its cold out and then I noticed her sneezing. I'm afraid for the worse. I can't sleep for fear that I'll lose all nine hens in my flock. I haven't even had her a whole month yet. She's sleeping inside in proximity to our wood burner to stay warm. Can dogs or humans catch a poultry respiratory disease? Is this like a bird flu virus or something that humans can get? I'm kinda paranoid and scared. I want to try Denegard but don't know where to buy it locally so I can get it sooner than ordering it online and waiting for shipment. I want to try it now on my flock. Can we never eat these birds' eggs again or eat them for meat? Will they always always have that virus/bacteria in their lungs that's causing this sneezing, runny nose, and wheezing? I'm really concerned because I don't think I'm acting fast enough to save my flock.

Quote:

Hi, my chickens aren't too enthusiastic about drinking water with their antibiotics, so i'm looking to make it into some kind of mash. Do you know what the dose is for each bird/day, if it's not given through water? (Denagard 12.5%, 10 hens.) Thanks.
Curious if you ever got an answer for this?

Back
Top Bottom