Denville NJ Chickens

I am in Denville too and am interested in having pet chickens! How do we approach getting the zoning changed? Can any individual possibly request a variance?

I think we should follow http://www.salemchickens.com/legalstuff.html once we have enough people. Send me your email address I will add you to the list [email protected]. I just started so I only have 6 people so far. I think a variance would be too expensive but dont want to ask. There are others in Denville who know and had to get rid or their hens and other who hide them. Its best to clear it with your neighbors, only have a few hens and no roosters and they dont come searching for chicken loving law breakers We will talk.

I hope that you still have an interest in changing the Ordinance in Denville that would allow the residence to keep hens in their backyards. I am presenting the benefits of changing the law on Sept 10th to the Mayor and town council at Town Hall. I am a member of several committee's in town and have been told by councilmen that would support us is people showing up on Sept 10th in support of our cause. Please let me know as soon as possible if you would be willing to help in my efforts. Thanks in advance for any support you may be able to provide.

Regards,
Wayne Pacconi

[email protected]

The meeting is sept 10th at 7:30 . I will be there probably around 7:00 . Please bring as many people as you can .

A bear came by last night. It must have been a big one, it snapped a new pressure treated 3"X3" post for the bird feeder. The girls were safe in the hen house protected by a automatic metal pop hole door. One hen is laying huge eggs they wont even fit in the large egg carton.

Back
Top Bottom