Depluming mites? Please help

Just wanted to say a big THANK YOU to BlacksheepCardigans, Gallo del Cielo, and Dawg53 - my boy is doing much, much better. He's gaining some weight back, starting to re-grow some feathers, and sleeping in the coop again (instead of in the house) by his own choice (went in on his own 3 nights ago but slept on a different roost than usual, then the second night went back to his usual roost next to one of his Sebright girlfriends).

I'm keeping an obsessive eye on the whole flock, looking for any signs of further problems, and have seen none so far (knock on wood). I'm wondering now if maybe he had a bad case of lice (rather than the depluming mites), as I've read that sometimes a lice infestation can be so bad that they pull their own feathers, but I think the lice are not as difficult as the mites to get rid of.

We never were able to find *any* signs of mites or lice on him or on any of our other birds, so I suppose we might never know for sure what it was.

So THANK YOU again for the fast and helpful responses!

P.S. I wanted to edit the subject so that it is no longer asking for help, but couldn't figure out how to do so. Sorry about that!

Back
Top Bottom