Depressed chicken?

I'm so sorry for your loss. I had a sick chicken at the beginning, too, similar symptoms, and I later figured she was stressed because I bought her from a feed store and my other 3 pullets from a different source (all on the same day tho and same age)...i.e., she was more stressed by the new home than the girls who were all from the same place and had each other as comfort. Anyway, I fed her pedialyte and scrambled eggs (no meds as I just didn't have any) and she pulled through surprisingly, though months later she's still smaller than the rest. I definitely think chickens are more difficult than other animals...they just seem so susceptible to so many different diseases and parasites, and so easily stressed by change (never mind the predators!). You tried your best and there's probably not much else you could have done. Enjoy the rest of your girls and don't be discouraged!

She was a nice girl, liked the humans a lot, hung out with us for the short time we had her around, unlike the teenagers or babies. The teenage girls only hang out with us when we have food or treats, Kara on the other hand just liked to follow the humans around and talk about stuff. It was cute. :(

Back
Top Bottom