Depressed duck

I'm sorry this happened to your duck but glad you had a vet to treat her.
If she's wearing a bandage on her neck that may be whats scaring the other ducks...because all new things are scary :)
If she can't have one of her friends with her you can try giving her a mirror to keep her company.
Is she eating any kind of treats at all? If she is you could always try giving her some treats in a small bowl of water , may encourage her to drink and get her to eat something.
If you do need to tube feed but haven't done it before it sure is scary. But once you've done it a few times it's not bad at all. I had lots of help here for my 1st time as well.

I'm sorry this happened to your duck but glad you had a vet to treat her.
If she's wearing a bandage on her neck that may be whats scaring the other ducks...because all new things are scary :)
If she can't have one of her friends with her you can try giving her a mirror to keep her company.
Is she eating any kind of treats at all? If she is you could always try giving her some treats in a small bowl of water , may encourage her to drink and get her to eat something.
If you do need to tube feed but haven't done it before it sure is scary. But once you've done it a few times it's not bad at all. I had lots of help here for my 1st time as well.
Yes, she did have a bandage. I will try a mirror thanks! I tried giving her all kinds of things but she spits them at me.

Yes, she did have a bandage. I will try a mirror thanks! I tried giving her all kinds of things but she spits them at me.
I'm sure she's stressed from the attack and being away from the rest of her flock and I'm sure her neck is sore. It may be that it just hurts her to swallow at the moment.
If the vet gave you any antibiotics or liquid pain meds and showed you how to give them thats good practice too.
If you decide to tube fluids or food I used this video to get myself ready for our 1st tube feeding.

Back
Top Bottom