Depressing Posts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laurajean

Slightly Touched
9 Years
Apr 2, 2010
New Hampshire
Personally, I come on this board for two reasons: learn about chickens and socialize. I definitely get into many serious discussions on this board, don't get me wrong, but lately it just seems like there's a lot of really depressing posts. Animals getting tortured, killed, etc. Gruesome pic warnings, etc. I try not to even click on them anymore, but if I do and it's a sad post about something horrible that happened, it literally sickens me and I can't click away fast enough. I'm pleased to know that people are compassionate and bothered by these news stories, as I am a big animal lover and advocate. But it's getting overwhelming.

I posted a thread the other day about a friend in legal trouble and it got immediately yanked, but meanwhile there's a kid yacking about his/her obsession with Charles Manson, people repeatedly posting depressing animal torture articles, pics, etc.

As I said, I realize that conversations here can get serious, and I participate in that as well. But the repeated postings of gruesome topics is starting to disturb me....

Just my thoughts. I personally come onto this board to seek joy and to ESCAPE all that negativity, not carry on about how tragic everything is.
sad.png

For now, I'm sticking with the "Post a Caption for this funny photo" thread. When that one goes bad, I give up.
roll.png

Peace!
love.gif

You talking about the North Pole thread?? Yeah.. i'm worried about Santa too!
hit.gif

Quote:
See, now I'm not even sure if you are referring the post about the beheaded chickens or our joke posts about Santa and the Easter Bunny being deported for questionable immigration status, lol.

Don't worry about Santa. I hear he has connections....
cool.png

Quote:
See, now I'm not even sure if you are referring the post about the beheaded chickens or our joke posts about Santa and the Easter Bunny being deported for questionable immigration status, lol.

Don't worry about Santa. I hear he has connections....
cool.png

I'm talking about the new thread.. the chickens one...
OOh.. you dont think they had problems with immigration up there, do ya?? And something went bad??

Yeah, I mean if you just click on the first displayed page you see "police officer gunned down", "26 chickens decapitated", "Sad Bad news in the north pole, GRAPHIC PICs", "Alaska Forest Fire, please pray", etc. Just on the first page. Redhen, I think you've seen enough of my contributions to know I'm pretty laid back, and I don't mean to sound cold to these tragedies, but I can only take so much depression. I literally come here to relax and learn and socialize, but lately I'm just getting discouraged at some of these threads.
sad.png

I get what youre saying, but in all honesty this is a place for information... as people visit they make friends and friends usually come back to get help caus ethey are scared or just need to tell someone. I dont like all thats going on in this world either! I got thinsg deleted too, because people get mean!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom