Depression?

Pics
I can relate to you all. I never knew it until recently that I've been through it almost my whole life. It's gotten worse since I can't work. Lots of pain just adds to it. I started this thread in hopes that we could help each other and just vent a little. I've recently started talking to someone about it. Some of the advise that she's given me just doesn't seem to help. But she has made me see things differently. But how am I suppose to make myself believe and have faith and confidence in myself? Some of the things that she's opened my eyes to just makes things worse. I know that she wasn't trying to make that happen but it did. I'm just tired of all the pain, feeling useless and feeling like no one believes me. She says that I should tell myself 200 to 400 times a day that I accept myself and that I'm just as good as anyone else. I've been trying to do that but how do you make yourself believe it? My self esteem has always been low. Now that I can't get around good and have so much pain, how do I build myself up when I was never able to do that when I was in better shape? I know that you shouldn't care what others think but I feel as though some think that I'm putting on or it's not as bad as I think it is. Does anyone else wish that you could put others in your body for a day just so they could what you deal with everyday? Then I think that there's those who feel that you're just feeling sorry for yourself. In my case that's totally not true. I just want everyone to understand. I loved my job. And 16 years ago when I first started it, I never thought that things would be the way they are now. Physically and emotionally I am beat down. Sorry for all of the negativity but this is the reason I started this thread. I just need to get things of my chest and thought that it may help someone else to know that they aren't the only ones out there like this. And maybe we can help each other through our tough times. Chatting and chickens seem to help some. Maybe someone has other things that they'd like to share that helps them get through the dark times that we share?

I can relate to you all. I never knew it until recently that I've been through it almost my whole life. It's gotten worse since I can't work. Lots of pain just adds to it. I started this thread in hopes that we could help each other and just vent a little. I've recently started talking to someone about it. Some of the advise that she's given me just doesn't seem to help. But she has made me see things differently. But how am I suppose to make myself believe and have faith and confidence in myself? Some of the things that she's opened my eyes to just makes things worse. I know that she wasn't trying to make that happen but it did. I'm just tired of all the pain, feeling useless and feeling like no one believes me. She says that I should tell myself 200 to 400 times a day that I accept myself and that I'm just as good as anyone else. I've been trying to do that but how do you make yourself believe it? My self esteem has always been low. Now that I can't get around good and have so much pain, how do I build myself up when I was never able to do that when I was in better shape? I know that you shouldn't care what others think but I feel as though some think that I'm putting on or it's not as bad as I think it is. Does anyone else wish that you could put others in your body for a day just so they could what you deal with everyday? Then I think that there's those who feel that you're just feeling sorry for yourself. In my case that's totally not true. I just want everyone to understand. I loved my job. And 16 years ago when I first started it, I never thought that things would be the way they are now. Physically and emotionally I am beat down. Sorry for all of the negativity but this is the reason I started this thread. I just need to get things of my chest and thought that it may help someone else to know that they aren't the only ones out there like this. And maybe we can help each other through our tough times. Chatting and chickens seem to help some. Maybe someone has other things that they'd like to share that helps them get through the dark times that we share?

One psychologist I spoke to suggested to write down all the things you say to your self for the week... Good or bad... just document.

When I did this I didn't read it till the week was done.... Oh My Gawd I would never speak to another human being the words that I said to myself...

My coping mechanism has been; Writing, Art of any kind, Tinkering, Solving problems for others, Tending my critters (horse, goats, chickens, dogs, cats)... Those have been taken away somewhat.. Caring for my 101 year old grandmother required I move into town so that she could stay at home. Made me leave my home in the desert under the care of a neighbor.... Coyotes got my chickens and Goats... Dog died that year... Cats well a story too long to discuss.

The home I moved in to is the total opposite of what I crave. No art, no pets, no mess, ... Been here ten years and its worn me down. Though we did get a dog this week. and I think its going to work out.

deb

One psychologist I spoke to suggested to write down all the things you say to your self for the week... Good or bad... just document.

When I did this I didn't read it till the week was done.... Oh My Gawd I would never speak to another human being the words that I said to myself...

My coping mechanism has been; Writing, Art of any kind, Tinkering, Solving problems for others, Tending my critters (horse, goats, chickens, dogs, cats)... Those have been taken away somewhat.. Caring for my 101 year old grandmother required I move into town so that she could stay at home. Made me leave my home in the desert under the care of a neighbor.... Coyotes got my chickens and Goats... Dog died that year... Cats well a story too long to discuss.

The home I moved in to is the total opposite of what I crave. No art, no pets, no mess, ... Been here ten years and its worn me down. Though we did get a dog this week. and I think its going to work out.

deb
Oh yes. My dogs are a big help. seems as though they know when the rough times are here. They always seem to make me smile

Back
Top Bottom