Depression?

For those looking at the food thing, I really like The Mood Cure and GAPS- actually I was doing REALLY well with the pureed, cooked-to-death soups from the GAPS book, but it's too daggone hot for hot soups at the moment!

I'm currently on a downturn, in part because my food has been terrible- but the chickens requiring my attention daily does help. So did sitting in the sun and reading yesterday. I do need to remember to sit in the sun on those days I can't do anything but sit.

I have had depression and anxiety since the 80s. I have tried many medications and the one i have been on works the best for me. The insurance company wants me to take cheaper pills that you take three times a day. I would never remember to do that. But so they can save money, i am supposed to suffer. I get really weird dreams if i miss one dose. I have been through so much the last few years: Moved back to FL, Dad died, taking care of Aunt and Mom with Alzheimer's, Aunt Died, i was just ready to die myself. Just sat on my rocking chair and watched TV, and slept a lot. Ate a lot. But i talked my husband into moving back to the country so now i can get myself out of my chair to work outside. It really makes me feel more calm living in the woods. The quiet, the calm and nature. I am sleeping less, lost a few pounds. Two days ago i fell off the porch, yesterday i wrecked my truck and today i fell down. But i get back up and carry on. Hope you all have a good day.
So sorry. :hugs You've really had it rough for a while. I live in the wood too. It does help some to get out with the chickens when I can. I know how it is to fall a lot. I've got a mild case of cp along with severe spinal spinal stenosis and a few bulging disc. I've been falling all of my life. But like you said, you gotta get back up and try again. Thanks for sharing. I helps me to chat with others that go through some of the samething that I'm going through.

If it weren't for my dogs and chickens and my friends on this site, I think that I'd honestly loose it.
I know what you mean, I have had a chronic pain, Fractured vertebrae,bad disks and more. I live alone with my animals they keep me going. I do have some great neighbors and a few friends but it is my animals that bring me the most joy.

Woods and counrty make the mind at rest. Some day I will be out there again, too bad my DD doesn't like the out doors :(
But good for you all for getting back up and out again !!!
I know you're looking forward to getting back in the country. I told my wife that if she ever decided that she wants a divorce and dated or married another man, she'd just half to explain to the guy that I live here lol. I'm not getting outta the woods.

I found when I did a lot of walking - I would do well on a minimal dose of SSRI. But after several years and some overuse injuries - used to walk 6-8 hrs. a day sometimes quite a bit more - the knees, hips, shoulders, back got alot worse. When the walking stopped, I had to have a bigger dosage of meds. :barnie

I found when I did a lot of walking - I would do well on a minimal dose of SSRI. But after several years and some overuse injuries - used to walk 6-8 hrs. a day sometimes quite a bit more - the knees, hips, shoulders, back got alot worse. When the walking stopped, I had to have a bigger dosage of meds. :barnie
I'm in the same boat @drumstick diva . I use to love deer hunting and I'd walk for miles in the woods just about everyday. Not being able to do much keeps me down a lot.

Back
Top Bottom