Derperella, the (weird) Faverolles, & Friends

Wow I have finally read this whole thread! I love derp, this was an emotional rollercoaster, I laughed a lot and cried too! So I'm a derpy lover too!!

Wow I have finally read this whole thread! I love derp, this was an emotional rollercoaster, I laughed a lot and cried too! So I'm a derpy lover too!!

goodpost.gif

Fud Lady does Derp still do her staring routine? I'm thinking about when you had the door open and she was staring so intently into your house, you closed the door fearing her brain might explode.

Another favorite is when your friend morphed Derp into a loaf of bread - loved it!!

Fud Lady does Derp still do her staring routine? I'm thinking about when you had the door open and she was staring so intently into your house, you closed the door fearing her brain might explode.

Another favorite is when your friend morphed Derp into a loaf of bread - loved it!!

Derp is awesome!
lol.png

While Derperella and the gang have been living the high life outside.. and, perhaps, putting on a few extra ounces for the approaching winter... Inside the Fud Lady's house, a new chapter begins!

Two lovely cochin chicks dwell inside, growing and peeping and making dust on every single surface of the Fud Lady's home... the way all chicks do. Not siblings, like she once thought. No, cousins!

First, there is Baron Rufflerump, a lovely little blue cochin (we think he is blue?? but might be splash, time will tell).

His family history is:
A single roo over many hens from Acechix's flock.
Eggs adopted by CheyrlR and hatched.
A lovely group of many lovely ladies and roosters! Trousers was adopted by me. The other roosters were adopted by other people. CherylR kept one splash rooster, Zhivago.
Zhivago and Olga (a splash hen) bred, and out popped little Baron Rufflerump! This combo should produce a splash bird, but he looks blue. Maybe he is hiding a few other colored feathers...

When the Fud Lady adopted him, she couldn't help but be sad at the thought of him being isolated in quarantine (and then some, until he got older!) without a friend. So she also adopted...

Mildred, the stern little black cochin pullet!

Her family history is:
A lovely group of many lovely ladies and roosters!
Before adopting him out, Cheryl bred a rooster that looked very much like Trousers with one of her black cochin hens. She was trying to get another little rooster that looked like Trousers. Instead, out popped three little girls!

Mildred and the Baron went outside yesterday, to a part of the Fud Lady's land that the other chickens are not allowed in (the front flower beds). They had the most lovely of dust baths!

Mildred oozes into a luxurious bath of mulch underneath a hemlock tree.

Baron Rufflerump similarly oozes into his bath. Ah, so nice!

He is such a cute little cockerel. Very attentive and curious.

Look at his cute little wattles coming in! In no time at all they will be huge floppy manwattles.

Wait, what's this then...?

Oh, Hello Fud Lady!

Despite the Baron being larger, and a cockerel, Mildred rules the roost between the two of them. Rufflerump will come bouncing over to her, and she will give him the most stern of looks. Oh dear, Baron. It's time to be meek.

Still a fluffly little thing!

Here is a little video of their dust bath yesterday evening.
0.jpg

Last edited:
While Derperella and the gang have been living the high life outside.. and, perhaps, putting on a few extra ounces for the approaching winter... Inside the Fud Lady's house, a new chapter begins!

Two lovely cochin chicks dwell inside, growing and peeping and making dust on every single surface of the Fud Lady's home... the way all chicks do. Not siblings, like she once thought. No, cousins!

First, there is Baron Rufflerump, a lovely little blue cochin (we think he is blue?? but might be splash, time will tell).

His family history is:
A lovely group of many lovely ladies and roosters! Trousers was adopted by me. The other roosters were adopted by other people. CherylR kept one splash rooster, Zhivago.
Zhivago and Olga (a splash hen) bred, and out popped little Baron Rufflerump! This combo should produce a splash bird, but he looks blue. Maybe he is hiding a few other colored feathers...

When the Fud Lady adopted him, she couldn't help but be sad at the thought of him being isolated in quarantine (and then some, until he got older!) without a friend. So she also adopted...

Mildred, the stern little black cochin pullet!

His family history is:
A lovely group of many lovely ladies and roosters!
Before adopting him out, Cheryl bred a rooster that looked very much like Trousers with one of her black cochin hens. She was trying to get another little rooster that looked like Trousers. Instead, out popped three little girls!

Mildred and the Baron went outside yesterday, to a part of the Fud Lady's land that the other chickens are not allowed in (the front flower beds). They had the most lovely of dust baths!

Mildred oozes into a luxurious bath of mulch underneath a hemlock tree.

Baron Rufflerump similarly oozes into his bath. Ah, so nice!

He is such a cute little cockerel. Very attentive and curious.

Look at his cute little wattles coming in! In no time at all they will be huge floppy manwattles.

Wait, what's this then...?

Oh, Hello Fud Lady!

Despite the Baron being larger, and a cockerel, Mildred rules the roost between the two of them. Rufflerump will come bouncing over to her, and she will give him the most stern of looks. Oh dear, Baron. It's time to be meek.

Still a fluffly little thing!

Here is a little video of their dust bath yesterday evening.
0.jpg
Awww! They are going to be beautiful!
big_smile.png

What beautiful little Cochins. I love the name Baron Rufflerump. The Cochins are two more reasons for me to love the Derp thread. Seeing their photos is like a walk down memory lane. Over four years ago we hatched some eggs, and five of them were Cochins (two roos, and three hens).

Here is Colin mid feather-ruffle.

And Sophie. She still lays some eggs, but she loves going broody.

Love the names! :D Is Mildred going to be going by Milly or by her full name?

Baron is blue, by the way. Splash, as my beloved Marans Frou-Frou will model, is more like this:

And about the same age as your little ones:

Which leads me to suspect that there was a blue or black hen in the flock whose eggs got mixed up with Olga's. ;)

Love the names!
big_smile.png
Is Mildred going to be going by Milly or by her full name?

Baron is blue, by the way. Splash, as my beloved Marans Frou-Frou will model, is more like this:

And about the same age as your little ones:

Which leads me to suspect that there was a blue or black hen in the flock whose eggs got mixed up with Olga's.
wink.png

Nice bird Pipd!

Back
Top Bottom