Derperella, the (weird) Faverolles, & Friends

I adopted a little hen last night and as soon as I saw her, I thought of Derp. She is a Blue Australorp. She has extremely short legs and some funny toes. Her legs are probably only 2" long max. I had her out in their pen today and she just kind of waddled around. I love her already
love.gif
She's also going through a molt so she's a little rough looking. You can see her funny toe in the third picture.

sS

Hanwell Chickens, she is adorable. I love the second photo she looks like one of those fuzzy animal cover ups for an upright Kleenex box circa late 1970's. My mom had them. I guess it was the rage then. No insult intended, she just looks like such a squarely compact bird.

Last edited:
Hanwell Chickens, she is adorable. I love the second photo she looks like one of those fuzzy animal cover ups for an upright Kleenex box circa late 1970's. My mom had them. I guess it was the rage then. No insult intended, she just looks like such a squarely compact bird.
Thanks Drumstick diva. I do see the resemblance now that you say that.
smile.png
She's very snuggly and calms right down when I hold her.

Poor naked Willow! Well, after lots of waiting, I can finally say I have my very own faverolles:

Three out and more on the way.

The Baron is STUNNING! Poor Willow, she looks..well..awful! I think she needs a bathrobe too... :hugs

Just LOVE the updates on everyone, all the girls look SO happy and healthy and of course Derp is.... well...Derp! No chair and grill for friends this year?

Back
Top Bottom