Design Flaw

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Shartzoge, Apr 3, 2017.

1. Shartzoge

Shartzoge Just Hatched

Apr 3, 2017
    This is my first time incubating eggs! I went online and ordered an incubator after researching and looking for what I thought would be a great one! Everything has been going great until day 21 and I have had two chicks hatch and both of them have wiggled their way through the crack around the tray and drowned! I'm beyond upset and feel this is a major design flaw in the incubator I purchased. This morning I quickly took paper towels and stuffed them around the tray hoping I do not loose any more to this flaw. However I am a bit worried that only one other chick has pipped so far am I worrying prematurely? I tried to upload the picture of the incubator I purchased wondering if anyone else has ran into this problem too? [​IMG]

2. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas, Shartzoge, and [​IMG]! Pleased you joined our community! Sorry to hear about those poor chicks! [​IMG] I see you've posted in the Incubating & Hatching Forum so I will defer to their expertise. I hope you get it worked out. Thanks for joining BYC and best of luck with your future hatching efforts! [​IMG]

3. N F C

N F C doo be doo be doo Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
  4. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

G’Day from down under Shartzoge [​IMG] Welcome!

Oh how sad [​IMG] I am sorry for your loss [​IMG]

Good luck with the rest of the hatch.

5. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    how very sad and totally unexpected [​IMG]

6. Shartzoge

Shartzoge Just Hatched

Apr 3, 2017
    Yes it was I was so very excited to have chicks and next thing I know their little heads had fallen through and they didn't make it! I was crushed!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by