Design - Predators - Thoughts

Remove/leave these pieces out, for ventilation.
Nice roof overhangs!

View attachment 2626200
You convinced me to remove them. Each rafter space opening will have 1/2" hardware cloth. Each side will have (4) 22x2.5" vents and the center of the roof will have a vented cupola to help move air up. The windows will also tilt out from the bottom and provide 17"×48" venting on each side of the coop during warmer weather.

Last edited:
You convinced me to remove them. Each rafter space opening will have 1/2" hardware cloth. Each side will have (4) 22x2.5" vents and the center of the roof will have a vented cupola to help move air up. The windows will also tilt out from the bottom and provide 17"×48" venting on each side of the coop during warmer weather.

Sounds wonderful!

Generous ventilation is critical to good health.

Another update post. After work today, I was able to get the roof rafter vents screened, the roof sheethed and the trim boards installed. Overall, I'm happy Aart suggested taking those blocks out. I calculated it and the 8 openings give about 2 sq feet of ventilation. I still need to secure the screen to the underside of the roofing plywood.

Ready for roofing material and the cupola.
20210421_181513.jpg

1/2" hardware cloth installed between the rafters. I used Teks 3/4" long screws to secure it.
20210421_181553.jpg

My little helper today. He pretended to be a chicken and was having fun.
20210421_181724.jpg

Back
Top Bottom