DESIGNER EGG CHAIN

ShayBaby: Can you tell which eggs come from the Production Red?
If your Silkies breed to LF are the eggs small?
Can you tell the NN from other eggs? I just hatched out 3 and wasn't expecting them at all. Didn't want them. I may have to sell them before they are old enough to breed.
Thanks, Sylvia

Nope, I'm sorry, but besides the EEs, I can't tell any of the LF eggs apart. They're all similar shades of brown.
And yep, the bantam eggs stay small even with a crossbreeding.
Wish I were closer to you! I'd take those NNs off of your hands in a heartbeat! I adore them!

Hm. No one up for a fun mix, or just afraid of the heat? I hatched this little late-to-the-party peep yesterday from my own eggs. Little silkie cross.

I have 11 eggs saved up already, and still a day or two of collecting to go, so should have a few extras. So far have 2 EEs, 1 LF brown (your guess is as good as mine), and a bunch of bantams (1 Faverolles, 1 Leghorn, and 6 who-knows).
big_smile.png

I could add 6+ (likely more, but to be on the safe side) Coturnix/Japanese quail eggs, if anyone would like them.

Mine on quail eggs

Offer:
6+mixed maran eggs FBCM roo over BCM and wheaten hens all chicks have been black, below is pictures of wheaten eggs with some turkey eggs , dorking eggs,bantam..my marans are cottage hills/Davis lines so usually nice dark eggs they are lightning up

lines

Nope, I'm sorry, but besides the EEs, I can't tell any of the LF eggs apart. They're all similar shades of brown.
And yep, the bantam eggs stay small even with a crossbreeding.
Wish I were closer to you! I'd take those NNs off of your hands in a heartbeat! I adore them!

I'll be driving through there in a few weeks! Hmmmmm. Lol

sent you a pm explaining..
mine is the current offer
6+ mixed Maran eggs fbcm over bcm and wheaten hens... some eggs will be pure fbcm but all the chicks hatch out black..
I might throw in 1 or 2 red Dorking eggs also 3/5 hens are broody so depends on how the remaining 2 lay and when

Last edited:
Just wondering if anyone was interested in specific pairings of my future flock.

My roosters will consist of
-Blrw
-Rhodebar
-Gold lakenvelder
-Black Phoenix, Schubert line import

Hens will be
-Buff orpington
-Rir
-Easter egger
-splash turken, lays green eggs
-Speckled Sussex
-Black, blue, splash marans non hatchery