DESIGNING AN INCUBATOR

Tim,
Take a look at this picture below and the other I added. no lower shelf at all.

I wouldn't do the shelf extended out from the bottom, but your choice, I believe the constant fan flow and circular motion will actually even the air out fairly well. If you are worried about more even temps throughout you could add one more fan. Part of your air will be drawn up the back but a lot of it will go up the face of the back and do a circle. You definitely need a wide opening at the back and bottom to keep air flow good up the very rear towards top fan. looking at the size of your cabinet I'm guessing one bulb will not give you enough heat. I would have done two rough service bulbs at like 60 watts instead of one if this is only heat source. Also would have them dead even with the fan. If one failed and you got home soon you still have a back up bulb. Is your humidity tray going to sit on top shelf directly out from fan and under the Bulb? (good place). how tall is this cabinet?

Also if that one bulb is your heat source than the bulb will be turning off when your heat gets to temp? if this is the case you may want another bulb like an LED bulb (no heat) so you can still view what's going on near hatch time? here's my cost below for a very good thermostat, heat element, and fan from the incubator warehouse. digital thermostat with temp probe is really nice.

Powerful Axial Fan for Cabinet Egg Incubator 110V AC Item# 1014 $19.99 USD
Digital Electronic Egg Incubator Thermostat with Remote Sensor 110V Item# 1110 $49.99 USD
100 watt tube heater 110V heating element for egg incubators NEW Item# 1034 $12.00 USD

The incubator warehouse digital thermostat with temp probe allows the fan to run all the time and then only turns your heat source (bulbs or element) on when temp gets below 99.3 and turns heat source of at 100.3

Awesome! It looks great so far! Have you thought about putting a fan on the adjacent wall? Sometimes it comes down to simple trial and error to avoid those cold pockets. What's the wattage of the lightbulb?

What do you think about a 100 watt IncuKit? They're great at keeping your incubator at a tight temperature range. They include a fan directly under the heating element to distribute the heat, and your other fan could help to distribute the heat evenly!

Tim,
Take a look at this picture below and the other I added. no lower shelf at all.

I wouldn't do the shelf extended out from the bottom, but your choice, I believe the constant fan flow and circular motion will actually even the air out fairly well. If you are worried about more even temps throughout you could add one more fan. Part of your air will be drawn up the back but a lot of it will go up the face of the back and do a circle. You definitely need a wide opening at the back and bottom to keep air flow good up the very rear towards top fan. looking at the size of your cabinet I'm guessing one bulb will not give you enough heat. I would have done two rough service bulbs at like 60 watts instead of one if this is only heat source. Also would have them dead even with the fan. If one failed and you got home soon you still have a back up bulb. Is your humidity tray going to sit on top shelf directly out from fan and under the Bulb? (good place). how tall is this cabinet?
Strader,
I did do 2 bulbs...both 6 watt and wired so if one goes out, the other will still be on......

Last edited:
I couldn't stand it, I ran to Menards for Lexan. Just put it in and running a test. Still have to put shelves in which will probably change things, but I just wanted to test the new electronic temperature sensor. It's on the way up! The outlet is to plug in the egg turners.

Controller working PERFECTLY! Thank you Carlos for the wiring diagram, it was priceless!!
clap.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom