Desperate to know what my ladies are

Dirtybird66

In the Brooder
Oct 10, 2016
Manchester, UK
Could someone please tell me what breeds my ladies are. They are only young and this is the clearest picture I could get. Any other time they are running about but once my phone comes out they sit down. The one at the back is a dark brown version of the lighter brown one on the right. I'm in the UK if this narrows it down any.
Hope someone can help me. Sat with bated breath awaiting for responses. TIA
1f414.png
1f414.png
1f414.png

Greetings, Dirtybird66, and :welcome! Pleased you joined us! I sure don't know but the orangey ones are gorgeous! I'm sure someone on this forum will have an idea. In the meantime, stop by the New Members Forum and intro yourself so we can give you a proper BYC welcome! Best wishes!

Could you get some more photos? Of each bird individually, standing up and from the side?

Based on what I can see I'd guess mixed breeds, but it's really hard to be sure without seeing the entire birds.

These are the ones I've got on my phone at present as it's 12.30am and I'm at work. I will try and get more tomorrow when I get home if these are no good xx

It's a cat tunnel. They love it. They balance on the top and roll it backwards and forwards. It's a competition who can get on it first
1f602.png
1f602.png
. They also snuggle in it too xx

Last edited:
Hi Dirtybird

I'm thinking the white one may be a light sussex or a cross of a light sussex and also possibly a cockerel judging by that pink comb.

The other two are not looking overly familiar breed wise... maybe welsummer crosses and the one in the last photo also looks to have a suspiciously large pink comb for a pullet.

Did you buy them as chicks or incubate them yourself? Where did you get them from? Are they supposed to be pure breeds?

Regards

Barbara

Back
Top Bottom