Desperately Need Help Deciding Whether Chicks Are Pure Silkie!!!!

Mwing14

In the Brooder
7 Years
Mar 30, 2012
Arizona.

Okay so up above is a picture of one of my new born chicks I have another one that looks exactly like it. Anyway I have a flock of silkies and bantam cochins. A couple weeks ago when my Silkie went broody I found 2 eggs under her I was 100% sure that she layed them by the way I only have Silkie roosters. Well now that theyve hatched I'm not to sure if they are her eggs I'm afraid they may be one of my cochins babies. The reason I have doubts is because they only have 4 toes. However as you can see they are black and white. Well the silkie who I thought was the biological mother is white and the father is black and my cochins are also black. So wouldn't it make sense that the mother is the Silkie since shes white and the babies are black and white. I just can't explain the four toes. Please please tell me if they look pure Silkie or not. Thanks a bunch! If you need more pics just ask! :)

It's too early to tell, hun, but I wouldn't worry. If it turns out to be a mongrel bird, you can buy another one, from a better breeder.

Hi! Thanks for replying. Okay here's the thing I know what a comb is but im not sure how to tell what kind. Here's a closer picture I don't really see a comb but what do you think? So do you think there's a chance that it could be pure Silkie?

Back
Top Bottom