Desperately need help skinny drake

laurita1510

Songster
Aug 7, 2015
UK
Hi everyone!

My khaki Campbel drake is in molt and in season and with all the hormones running through him he's causing some lot of stress.

Firstly he's bulling my Aylesbury type duck and will not stop harassing her. He did this last year which we pit down to her being a new addition but doing it again this year is causing worry. Will this pass?

More worrying however, he's also getting incredibly skinny. Apart from being randy he's behaving totally normally but he's just so thin! He's grooming a lot and will not eat. I've tried all his favourites but he's not interested in even peas or live feed! I'm terrified of loosing him. He's just finished his worming a week ago. What else could it be?

Please help! :-(

Hi everyone!

My khaki Campbel drake is in molt and in season and with all the hormones running through him he's causing some lot of stress.

Firstly he's bulling my Aylesbury type duck and will not stop harassing her. He did this last year which we pit down to her being a new addition but doing it again this year is causing worry. Will this pass?

More worrying however, he's also getting incredibly skinny. Apart from being randy he's behaving totally normally but he's just so thin! He's grooming a lot and will not eat. I've tried all his favourites but he's not interested in even peas or live feed! I'm terrified of loosing him. He's just finished his worming a week ago. What else could it be?

Please help! :-(
What did you deworm him with?

I'm not sure to be honest, I'm don't know a lot about ducks. I would isolate him though in a safe, warm area with plenty of access to food and water. Maybe being away from the other ducks for a while will lower his stress levels and encourage him to eat. Also I would continue trying to give him his favorite foods along with normal food to try encouraging him to eat. Good luck with your little guy

Mine has been misbehaving too. I put him in jail with food and water. All of the females seem to be happier and healthier when he’s put up. He will most likely gain some weight if you keep him in a small type area where he can still see the rest of the flock.

Back
Top Bottom