1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Despicable Me

Discussion in 'Quail' started by Orange Ribbon, Dec 16, 2011.

1. Orange Ribbon

Orange Ribbon Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2011
    I moved my quail into a bigger rubbermaid container. I have a light in there for warmth. I happened to look over at the brooder from across the room and could see the profile of a quail through the plastic as it moseyed from one end of the other. The way it hunkers over and the back meets the head with that curved beak made me think right off of that "good" villian in Despicable Me. Now I'll forever associate quail with that cartoon guy. [​IMG]

Other birds I associate with other things are: Turkeys = Germans. Their shape is of German military hard hats. Buzzards = Cuban. The wings on some of them look like cigars.

I had a guy accuse me on another forum of taking LSD in the 70's since I always come up with crazy stuff. Well, I was only 6 in 1970, but I guess anything is possible! Definitely something happened to me along the way. [​IMG]

2. chrishel

chrishel Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 28, 2011
    The Windy City
    I think you are in good company. [​IMG]

I'm always walking around the plant at work finding things that tickle my funny bone. Or some weird associations that amuse me.

I figure there are two choices you can make in life: laugh or cry. I prefer laugh. Sometimes it's a maniacal, insane sort of laugh... [​IMG]

My roos sometimes walk really funny and tall with their necks out and they kind of remind me of giraffes. Long legs and necks. And sometimes I come by and one roo flattens down instinctively to hide and I ask him, "Do you think you are a flounder? I can still see you!"

3. Stellar

Stellar The Quail Lady

Feb 6, 2010
    Tampa Bay
    Orange ribbon, that's that perfect description of the little ones!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by