destruction and disposal orders HELP

Lol. Ill change my name to Narcissis (the Greek god, not the syndrome
1f602.png
)
And AmyLyn(#'s here) had it right.
YAY!!!

Nah..i hid him pretty well...definantly not in a basket on front of my bike.
1f604.png

You mentioned being a show girl?
1f60b.png

And i like the way you think. You wouldnt happen to ever studied hebrew or any other ancient language by chance?

For those of you who dont know, and to prevent me having to explain later...hebrew (and other, older cultures) do not write
with vowels.
Nope, no Hebrew. The pysch center keeps telling me I see things that aren't there..... (I hope no one takes that seriously...lol)

Quote:Yes his birds tested negative and they still killed them all. The eggs came from Dakota, he had been waiting four months and it was the cause of the birds being killed. He is in the KC, KS area.

could you please leave a link to one of his threads, having a lot of problems with this site tonight.

Just out of curiosity- did the seller of the eggs contact Virginia for an import permit? Are they AI clean or just AI monitored? It appears from other states that they shipped to that they did not contact the states for current shipping requirements ( one article quoted a need for a test 7 days prior to shipping to Louisiana)? Also it appears Johnskoi that you dodged a bullet because others are not so lucky and their eggs were positive. Someone suggested a follow up story if the tests are negative after quarantine, will you be so quick to get the news out there if you have a positive? The USDA does not use NPIP to track who might have been exposed and they do not automatically kill every bird in an area with a case. They go door to door and tell people within a 6km radius that they are quarantined. They do kill every bird on a farm that has a positive, if they didn't the birds would be dead within days. Given the huge economic risk I can understand them wanting to kill everything before there is a positive. Would everyone be so happy for Johnskoi if you were his neighbor? Let's look at the bigger picture here.
From this thread, my take on seeing the bigger picture is about those who make the rules and enforce the rules should not be allowed to slaughter all of someone's chickens if they don't meet the criteria- as in testing positive. Quarantine is appropriate. Killing negative birds is not. The bigger picture is not about anyone supporting the lives of positive birds.

Quote:
Yes his birds tested negative and they still killed them all. The eggs came from Dakota, he had been waiting four months and it was the cause of the birds being killed. He is in the KC, KS area.

could you please leave a link to one of his threads, having a lot of problems with this site tonight.

Wish I could, it is not here on BYC, it is in a FB page called Peafowl, Pheasants, Guineafowl, sumpthin else... Do a search for the page and scroll down to Davids post. Sorry, it's the best I can do. I noticed it hasn't shown up on the APHIS list as of this morning, maybe because they tested negative. Poor guy, lost everything.

Howdy chickenvet97 I can honestly say that, in this circumstance, yes I would still be happy for Johnskoi if he was my neighbour. Actually, I would probably be ecstatic because the flock next door to me tested negative!

His birds have tested negative all along and he has repeatedly mentioned that if they test positive he will not stand in the way of what has to be done.

I was the one who suggested a follow up story if the results were negative all throughout the quarantine and the quarantine was lifted. If not for John’s efforts and the CBS story, his birds will have been destroyed for no good reason.

I can understand the killing of a positive flock and I can also understand the placing of a quarantine within a 6km radius of a positive flock BUT I most definitely can not understand “them wanting to kill everything before there is a positive”.

Rabies is an issue in the US is it not? Does “wanting to kill everything before there is a positive” also include dogs at the risk of getting rabies?

Last edited:
Howdy chickenvet97 I can honestly say that, in this circumstance, yes I would still be happy for Johnskoi if he was my neighbour. Actually, I would probably be ecstatic because the flock next door to me tested negative!

His birds have tested negative all along and he has repeatedly mentioned that if they test positive he will not stand in the way of what has to be done.

I was the one who suggested a follow up story if the results were negative all throughout the quarantine and the quarantine was lifted. If not for John’s efforts and the CBS story, his birds will have been destroyed for no good reason.

I can understand the killing of a positive flock and I can also understand the placing of a quarantine within a 6km radius of a positive flock BUT I most definitely can not understand “them wanting to kill everything before there is a positive”.

Rabies is an issue in the US is it not? Does “wanting to kill everything before there is a positive” also include dogs at the risk of getting rabies?
Exactly.

Quote:

Wish I could, it is not here on BYC, it is in a FB page called Peafowl, Pheasants, Guineafowl, sumpthin else... Do a search for the page and scroll down to Davids post. Sorry, it's the best I can do. I noticed it hasn't shown up on the APHIS list as of this morning, maybe because they tested negative. Poor guy, lost everything.

thanks, tried the search but not coming up with anything. don't participate at facebook either , may would make finding it easier.

if you find that page again and its not too much trouble can you please copy the address url and paste it here in a message?
how to : far left top of the page up in your toolbar you can click on file > properties then you should see " address url" .
you can highlight that url > right click > copy then come back here and right click /paste it here into a thread .
if too much trouble no worry, just wanted to read it.
I don't understand how he could test negative and they do this to him, that's not right at all and not the way USDA is supposed to be handling this situation.
John got the quarantine and David & anyone else whose birds test negative should be able to also, imho.
if they tried to do that to my birds while they tested neg. they would have one helluva fight on their hands and I too would call the media in and expose them for the wrong doing .

Well if rabies had the potential to kill millions of dogs from a single case that might be a good argument. Bottom line is the eggs never should have shipped, the buyers should have educated themselves more and their actions and the actions of the sellers have put others at risk. it will be a miracle if this doesn't shut down shipping of eggs and birds permanently.

Back
Top Bottom