Tuesday night through Wednesday morning we were hit by a strong wind storm. There were fairly long periods of 30-40 mph winds punctuated by 70 mph gusts. We woke a little before 3am to the UPS and power monitor alarms going off. While our power outage was short, the winds were not. The ducky dome I had built had withstood the wind onslaught admirably for several hours up to that point. Finally the tarp that covered it tore. This allowed it to dive under its primary support and directly pry on the PVC supports that stood between the primary wood supports. One by one it broke through the PVC hoops and with each break, the section of destructive tarp grew. By the time it got to the center wood support, it was a 15' x 15' sail that even that strong support could not withstand. Once that was toppled, most of the remaining PVC hoops were mangled, but the tarp was now lying low and not putting the force on the structure. All that was left standing were the primary supports on either end and some support lumber here and there. Yvonne and I went out in the dark and the wind and disassembled the ducky dome. We didn't want further damage to occur to what was left or to other areas of our property from the debris. Also we wanted the possibility of our ducks emerging from their house in the morning into a safe environment. We took everything apart, inventorying every screw along the way. There were 8 screws missing. I then ran to Lowes and bought a contractor grade sweeper magnet and we ran it over the entire yard the ducks use several times. We accounted for all but 5 screws on the entire structure. Hopefully those were flung out of the yard completely. We are still looking every chance we get. Our gazebos were also damaged in the wind. Fortunately, the ducks' house stood firm and had no damage (It is actually tied to the fence behind it.) Here is a before and after shot of our back yard (we moved the ramp)... On the bright side (but another reason I have been missing from the forum) we started and completed phase 1 of the secure run project. We are constructing a 400 sq. ft. run where we will be able (when it is fully armed ) to herd the duckies and possibly be able to go away for a weekend without sitters. And if a duck doesn't go in the house, it will have to sit outside and quack until morning, but it will be able to do so safely. For phase 1, we erected (slightly trenched) a 20' x 20' x 6' dog kennel. More before and after pictures: The following phases are still planned: Phase 2: Hardware Cloth lower boundary. This will probably be 4ft hardware cloth sunk around 1ft inside the chain link. Plus stitching steel wire between the fence and the duck house so that nothing can press through to the opening for the duck door. Phase 3: Electrification/stabilization. running strands of electric wire around the entire fence for crafty climbers. In this process, several ground rods will be driven into the ground. They will be way oversized so that they can double as mechanical supports in the middle of the fence walls for further stabilization. Phase 4: Aerial Defense. A mast will be erected in the center of the run. This will support fishing line / LED lighting strands / netting or a combination of these to reduce the chance of hawk / eagle attacks to zero. Phase 5: Active Defenses. This will be an autonomous defense system working from 4 turrets that will be placed on each corner of the pen. I am currently doing risk analysis to determine whether shotgun or laser based systems would make more sense when weighing efficacy vs liability.